DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

D&D 5e - Dragonlance setting

An interest check to see if there are more Dragonlance lovers here on fantasy grounds that would like to venture into the wonderful world of the dragonlance novels.

Some basic info (keep track of this as this will be updated over time):
    Licence: DM is an ultimate licence holder, free demo users are welcome. Also has the D&D bundle material available.
    System: 5e D&D
    Setting: Homebrew Dragonlance (set around the chronicles novels in time).
    Voice/Text: It will be textbased using the fantasygrounds chat.
    Time for play:
    Max players: 6 (new players will get first dibs)
    Alignment: No neutral evil or chaotic evil.
    How to apply: Apply here in the forum, with a quick description of who you are, if you have roleplayed before and what kind of character you have in mind, what days and times you would be available for play and such. Applications through PM is not valid.
    Calendar listing:
    Server alias: Nosy Shaman Good Thug
    Password: wizardry
    Follow this thread if you apply to join.

When you use times and timezones in the thread, remember to use a GMT timezone reference.
    Also, see the calendar listing to see what the gametime would be in your timezone.

Character creation
    All characters begin at Lv 1.
    Standard array or point buy for attribute points.
    Only use the players handbook or basic rules for character creation.
    Play whatever class you like, I dont mind running a game for a group where everyone is the same class.
    Keep in mind however that elves and dwarves are rare-ish outside their own lands in this setting.
    Also as the true gods have left Krynn, there is no divine magic, but you can still be a divine caster class if you wish, but your spells wont work.
    Starting equipment is chosen from your class and background options.
    If you cant come to a game session after being accepted, be sure to let me know as soon as you do.

For those who are not familliar with dragonlance
    Basically, many years ago, **** went down, real bad.
    The gods dropped a fiery mountain on top of the world, destroying Istar (a city that was pretty much the religious capital) and then abandoned the people of Krynn (the planet you are on).
    Thus, there are no gods, ergo no divine magic (no cleric spells work, no druid, paladin or ranger spells work, some bard spells dont work.
    In the absense of gods, some people are forming cults, most cults are frauds who preach false gods, perform "miracles" to scam people out of money and into obedience.
    Some people seek to find answears to why the gods have left the people of Krynn, and seek to find them again.

You Will all be living in the town of Solace, a normally an open and friendly town formed by refuges from the cataclysm (when the gods dropped the mountain) who built their town safely up in giant sturdy trees.
    But lately the town has fallen under the rule of the High theocrat... the masses swallow his preachings without hesitation in hope of their New gods being true... and there are hushed rumors that those who dont... have a tendency to disappear.
    There are also rumors of armies gathering in the north... and even Worse... rumors of dragons, both dismissed as just stories... everyone knows that there are No dragons... they are just old stories meant to scare children.
    Last edited by Wisewind; May 18th, 2017 at 22:46.
    Ultimate licence holder... I have the powerrrr to let anyone play.
    I have no idea of what your timezones mean if you dont add a GMT timezone reference
    D&D AL DCI#: 7203783000
    As an evil mage, it is my duty to be insane...

Hello my name is Mikkel and i am 21 years old.
    I have a decent amount of experience in 3.5 but practically none in 5E and with dragonlance.
    I would probably play a Half-Elf Bard.
    I can play monday through wednesday and friday from 7:00 pm (Gmt +1) and thursdays from 8:00 pm (Gmt +1)

Man, I love me some Dragonlance. Been playing D&D since college (12 years now?) and currently DM a pair of pathfinder games. Tried my hand at running the War of the Lance a few years ago with me getting burned out after several months and also was a player in a game that made it to the second book in the trilogy before the group broke apart. I have limited 5e knowledge, but I do pick things up quick.

My play times are all over the place as I work retail and have kids. I am in the GMT -5 timezone. I will play anything the group needs.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Hey there! This sounds super fun and I'd love to play (depending on the day and time).
    I've been playing D&D since November of last year and I absolutely love it! My favorite things to play are probably half-elf rangers or druids, so if that's a possibility, I'd love to play as one.

I'm available Monday and Wednesday PST(GMT-7 I believe) in the evenings.
    Last edited by khavi; May 18th, 2017 at 15:10.

I'm available Tues-Thurs Nights GMT - 4. I'm not familiar with Dragonlance, but this premise seems very interesting. The general character I'd like to play is a cleric who's magic isn't working and is trying to figure out why(I'm not sure if it fits with your setting). I'd love to discuss more about my character idea in detail with you if possible just to sort out specifics.

Hi, I"ve played some D&D years ago and just recently started playing again. I'm familiar with 5e and FG. Not familiar with Dragonlance. At the moment I"m DM in a Home game with family and friend and I would like to participate as a player in another game. The character I would create would probably be some kind of fighter. I'm avaiable mon-fri evenings and sun evening. Timezone: GMT+2 (netherlands).

Hello,
    I would be interested in joining your group. I'm looking to add an additional game session during the week. I am Mountain Standard Time (MST), and am free Tues, Wed or Thurs nights from ~7:30pm - 11:30pm. I have a lot of experience with Fantasy Grounds, a decent understanding of 5e, and no knowledge of Dragonlance. I would be interested in playing any race/class that works with the group, but would prefer a rogue or bard of some sort as I have not played either in 5e yet.

Edit: GMT-6
    Last edited by Grimlore; May 25th, 2017 at 20:58.

Hello, I am definately interested. I have been playing dnd for the better part of 2 decades (late 90s as a teen) but I have not yet delved into Dragonlance. I have a passing knowledge but I am a quick study. I think my biggest draw back as a player is that my schedule can be a little unpredictable but as long as I have time to work it out with my job I can make all sessions usually. While my biggest strength is just keeping thing flowing smoothly. I am usually a good middle man between rule lawyers and DM's and others who might slow things down to a no fun crawl. I also am a good researcher so if there is a dispute I can help find the most official or most accepted answers quickly. I like orginal, creative characters and tend to be a strong role player and can be flexible with party role.

Let me know when, where, and if I can play and I would be happy to jump right in.

Welcome everyone.
    I added a Quick summary of things to know about the setting for those who are not familliar with dragonlance.
    It was written from memory, so may be alittle inaccurate.
    I may Edit it alittle in time.

Grimlore, GMT timezone reference please.
    Mountain standard time doesnt mean anything to me.
    Ultimate licence holder... I have the powerrrr to let anyone play.
    I have no idea of what your timezones mean if you dont add a GMT timezone reference
    D&D AL DCI#: 7203783000
    As an evil mage, it is my duty to be insane...

Hello!

Ages ago I played Warhammer but that was a long time ago. Only recently I finally got time and resources to actually follow hobbies and stuff. D&D is one of them. I live in the middle of nowhere hence the online option.
    A few days ago I got myself FG standard license and a player handbook. I have zero experience and very little knowledge but that changes the more I read about it.

If accepted I would like to try Cleric (have some ideas how to play Cleric without divine spells) or a Warlock but in the end, I'll be happy o try any class.

Time zone: GMT+1/GMT (UK time)
    Availability: Mon-Fri 18:00 - 00:00, Sat - all day, Sun - 13:00 - 22:00(ish)

I have a fairly stable situation at home (9-5 job type) and plenty of free time. I am "on call" after work most of the time. It rarely happens that I get a phone call but I thought it's only fair to mention it.
    If considered, please be aware that I am a new player so there are bound to questions... and if that's a problem, I will pass.

Thread Information