5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Map Draw Mode

That's great to hear. Is the canvas mechanic going to remain the same? I'd imagine it's different given the tile preview we saw. I mention this as currently I upload a 4k by 4k white image as a GIF to kick the file size to 14kb. Is the 'canvas' size configurable? As in I can specify a white back drop (or use the window default backing) and just draw as opposed to requiring a background image?

Currently if I create a new drawing and simply draw on it, the zoom has a strange behavior hence the need to have a backing image to anchor it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    That's great to hear. Is the canvas mechanic going to remain the same? I'd imagine it's different given the tile preview we saw. I mention this as currently I upload a 4k by 4k white image as a GIF to kick the file size to 14kb. Is the 'canvas' size configurable? As in I can specify a white back drop (or use the window default backing) and just draw as opposed to requiring a background image?

Currently if I create a new drawing and simply draw on it, the zoom has a strange behavior hence the need to have a backing image to anchor it.
    There are no boundaries, so will be able to create a new drawing without needing a background.

Sounds perfect for my needs as a frequent user of impromptu encounter drawing. I have other questions but I'll wait for the Unity release, gotta clear out the backlog!

Is there any word on this? I've been getting back into running games after a long absence and Roll20 just doesn't cover enough for what I want to do with it. I immediately fell in love with Fantasy Grounds but the map making tools as is are kind of lacking. I used to use Gametable (can provide screenshots of how that looks), which is tragically aged by now and lacking a lot of modern stuff but the simple map tools it provides for drawing and measuring maps were essential to running for me - I'd like to switch over to Fantasy Grounds entirely now but my options for drawing maps in program are somewhat limited and, when I first made an attempt to learn FG, kinda switched me off to it until I saw how much else is could do.

Welcome to the forums TheButterdragon.

There will be no updates to the drawing/image functionality in Fantasy Grounds in it's current architecture. Any changes will be in the Unity release, no release date set yet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the swift response! Entirely psyched for that then - in the meantime I'll make maps the old fashioned way then import them in. Cheers!

Thread Information