DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Updated one client, had a couple more weirdness happen. Ran the update three times.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; May 12th, 2017 at 01:22.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Crazy, don't remember posting that last post. Tried on my main rig, both Live to Dev, and Test to Dev. Getting an "Unable to update one file. Please Contact Fantasy Grounds support". PM'd an enhanced log file to you MW.
    Ultimate License Holder

Mortar,

There is a bug in the current updater preventing it from saving the new updater executable, as you can see in the last set of logs you sent. Make sure not to post your logs with enhanced updating to the forums, as they contain you license key.

You'll need to delete the UpdaterEngine.exe file in the FG app folder, and run the installer from our web site for Dev mode to get it back to Dev mode.

Regards,
    JPG

Just posted another new version of the updater. In order to get everything working back and forth between versions as expected, I also had to rev the client slightly. So, this will be v3.3.1.

There will be no ruleset or functionality changes in v3.3.1.

Regards,
    JPG

Tested on two different Windows 10 installs. Update worked without steam loaded. Was able to go back to Live without issue.

Thanks, Mortani. I was hoping the last updates had smoothed the path for changing between modes, and it looks like it has.

JPG

Blog Entries
    My desktop had no issues at all moving back and forth between modes. My laptop, for whatever reason would not start the updater at all the launcher. Updated manually and it has no issues at all now.
    Ultimate License Holder

Just pushed minor update to attempt support for opening Steam Account Link URL in Settings under Mac/Linux wrappers.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Windows Defender is flagging FGUpdaterengine.exe and deleting it.

edit - Windows Defender dislikes the file so bad it won't even let me add it as an exclusion.
    Last edited by Mortar; May 14th, 2017 at 01:18. Reason: Adding info
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Two totally different things happening.

First, Windows Defender is catching FGUpdateEngine.exe as a trojan, and won't let me allow it through the firewall.

Second, upon starting the update process once the av/firewall is shut off the next issue is centered around the file UpdaterEngine.exe. The updater opens, and stays open for a few seconds once the process begins. Once it closes, the error window opens saying that the update process can't be completed as the file "FGUpdaterEngine.exe" is missing. The original file "UpdaterEngine.exe" gets deleted in the process.

Bringing the UpdaterEngine.exe from another computer and placing it in the FG program folder, then renaming it to FGUpdaterEngine.exe will allow the update to happen. If you roll back from the newest updater "FGUpdaterEngine.exe" the old one is recreated.

It results in a weirdly funny situation once you combine the two. With Defender and AV on, FGUpdaterEngine.exe is immediately flagged and gone, start the update process FG is blocked from downloading the new updater, in the process of the update FG deletes the old update file and boom....update stops.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information