DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Savage Rifts

Savage Rifts

Hey everyone,

I have been thinking about picking up the Savage World ruleset to run my Savage Rifts game. Is the base ruleset more than enough to run Savage Rifts?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure there is some stuff in Savage Rifts that the base ruleset may not be to handle straight out of the box - like the Iconic Framework stuff. Not 100% sure as I have never even opened any of the Savage Rifts products I own.
    Ultimate License Holder

Welcome to the FG forums Idar12!

GunbunnyFuFu looked at it in depth. Do a search for "rifts" in this sub-forum (click the "Search Thread" link below-right of the thread title) for a few posts regarding it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello Idar12!

For the most part you can run Savage Rifts via Savage Worlds. The only real issue I've run across is that the Mystic's two arcane backgrounds can't be represented automatically in Fantasy Grounds...you can choose one to be your main, add powers to it, and then manually roll a skill check when it comes to powers not a part of that main arcane background. In addition, since there are usually 3-5 rolls on the Hero's Journey charts, using FG to show you if a starting character is legal (IE 5 attribute points, 15 skill points, edges and hindrances) won't work. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions, and welcome to the forums!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Hello!

Thank you so much for the responses. I went ahead and searched a bit through the forum and have started to use the library extension to create a module for the players containing some of the weapons and choices.

That's a good sign and something that can be worked around easily enough.

Thanks again.

Are you planning on running a savage rifts game?

No worries. If you have any more questions, let me know. Happy to help!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Thread Information