DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Two quick questions...

I own the core ruleset but haven't played in years and haven't kept up with Troll Lord Games other than to see that they keep releasing new core books every few years.

Q1: Is the FG version of the C&C ruleset kept up to date with the P&P ruleset?

Q2: Also, my print version of the CKG is the original first edition - is it important to get the new one, and do you need it for FG?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Answulf; May 5th, 2017 at 06:26.
    Ultimate License
    Time Zone: MST (GMT-7)

If I understand the first question correctly: yes, the CoreRPG Ruleset is kept up-to-date. It is, afterall, the basis of practically all the Rulesets these days, so it must be kept up to date.

Or are you talking about the C&C Ruleset? It is also up to date as far as FG is concerned - I don't know about how close it is to the PnP version, but I suspect its pretty close, based on the number of recent updates the Ruleset has gotton.

I hope that helps (I'm not too sure if it has )

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about getting a new CKG. What you have will be fine.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys - yes Dulux, I meant the current version of the C&C ruleset. Worded poorly and fixed.
    Ultimate License
    Time Zone: MST (GMT-7)

Blog Entries
    Each new Edition of Castles & Crusades is a new print run with some typos fixes, the odd rule modification and some new art. You can play C&C with your 1e PHB and your 6E PHB and you will only see minor rule differences.

The C&C ruleset on FG hasnt been updated to 6e and it doesnt matter, it truly doesnt.

I believe that Talyn has been updating all the reference materials and I will happily buy the base ruleset again when they are ready.

Blog Entries
    The FG versions would certainly benefit from the reference manual treatment as well as colour pictures and tokens.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    The FG versions would certainly benefit from the reference manual treatment as well as colour pictures and tokens.
    They would - but bear in mind the other products that have that do cost $30-50 vs the $10 that C&C sells for.

Blog Entries
    Talyn has been working on the refmanual reworks of the PHB, M&T and a few others. I know he is (or was) waiting on some files from one of the recent KS campaigns to add those updates - not sure which book. I am also not sure if he is going to do the 7th ed of the PHB.

I have started the 2nd edition of the CKG.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Sorry, didn't notice this thread til now. Anyway, yes I'm (very slowly) doing the PHB to the current 6th printing, M&T to its current printing (3rd?) and also M&T of Aihrde (I have the previous one completed, was holding off for the recently-released brand-new printing with new stuff). It's a ways off though, so don't sit around holding your breath on an immediate release or anything.

And Smiteworks, probably due to heavy load from PFRPG stuff now... is very...very... slowly releasing things he submits...

*wonders when he will see Halfling Halls adventure (submitted prob over month ago)*
    Another 3 weeks and I do it myself ;P I don't look forward to adjusting maps, but that is the only thing I sweat. Wanted to support the site/converters but... time running out on needing it.

Thread Information