FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 108 First ... 614151617182666 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This helps a lot Danny - thanks very much! We've only had one previous comment on Bestiary 1 (the Minotaur attacks), so this feedback is great. And none of this is petty - any feedback on problems, typos, extra spaces etc. is very much appreciated!

Thanks again.
    Hi Trenloe,

I did notice a couple more issues. I don't know exact specifics on which creatures are affected. This one might be affecting all of the Bestiaries that were published...

Incorrect Stats for Single Attack for Creatures with Multiple Attacks

Wrong and corrected. Deleting original comment as to not muddy the thread.

Missing Spaces in the Space/Reach Stats:

I found that the Otyugh's space/reach stats read as:

"10ft./10ft.(15ft.withtentacle)"

I do not know if there are others. Perhaps the developer can do a search of the original XML code for "ft.(" to quickly find instance where spaces are missing.

Again, hope this helps...

Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; January 24th, 2018 at 04:40.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Yeah, splitting out the full attacks into single attacks is virtually impossible to automate and get right 100% of the time - due to feats and creature special abilities and, especially, natural attacks. You can't just apply a blanket +5 This is really all down to how Paizo present their statblocks.

However, the Otyugh example is correct: the tentacle is a secondary attacks, so even a single tentacle attack would be made at -5 for the secondary attack - resulting in -4 with the weapon focus. So this is correct as listed.

Details on natural attacks here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...atural-attacks The information of interest is: "Secondary attacks are made using the creature's base attack bonus –5..."

As such, a lot of statblocks that have natural attacks work out correctly. It's when you have two weapon fighting etc. that problems can truly exist.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yeah, splitting out the full attacks into single attacks is virtually impossible to automate and get right 100% of the time - due to feats and creature special abilities and, especially, natural attacks. You can't just apply a blanket +5 This is really all down to how Paizo present their statblocks.

However, the Otyugh example is correct: the tentacle is a secondary attacks, so even a single tentacle attack would be made at -5 for the secondary attack - resulting in -4 with the weapon focus. So this is correct as listed.

Details on natural attacks here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...atural-attacks The information of interest is: "Secondary attacks are made using the creature's base attack bonus –5..."

As such, a lot of statblocks that have natural attacks work out correctly. It's when you have two weapon fighting etc. that problems can truly exist.
    Okay, noted. I guess that wasn't the best example and I managed to confuse myself

I have seen cases that do fall under my original thought when converting and I don't recall the specifics but from doing an initial gander at some of the creatures, it looks like they have been accounted for.

The spacing issue for the space/reach still exists though, so I wasn't completely out there
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    The spacing issue for the space/reach still exists though, so I wasn't completely out there
    Haha. I has been noted!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In the Carrion Crown 1 Haunting of Harrowstone 3.02 of the story "the skipping song" all the way down the bottom it describes when the PC's encounter the children playing. The last paragraph describes the events with Gibs in 3.01. It seems incomplete and refers back to the encounter with Gibs and not the skipping children.

" ineffectually against the bars for 2d6 rounds before he collapses back into a fitful sleep. Relocating Gibs to more than 5 miles from Harrowstone also puts him out of reach"

This should be removed and when I reference the PDF module, "to five infamous killers who died in the Harrowstone Fire, but it’s unlikely that the PCs will make this connection until after they start to investigate the prison’s history."
    Last edited by KILLGORE; January 24th, 2018 at 22:18.

Don't read if you're playing CotCT chapter 1
    In curse of the Crimson Throne, Dead Warrens D6 - The trap in there doesn't have it's attack macro'd right. I ended up having to roll 2 acid splashes manually for each PC in there
    Last edited by thebwt; February 10th, 2018 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by thebwt View Post
    Don't read if you're playing CotCT chapter 1
    In curse of the Crimson Throne, Dead Warrens D6 - ...
    Hi thebwt,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have fixed the trap and have submitted the fixed version for update into production. Production updates of Pathfinder products typically happen on Tuesdays.

Thanks again and I hope you are enjoying the campaign.

-Danny

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Hi thebwt,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have fixed the trap and have submitted the fixed version for update into production. Production updates of Pathfinder products typically happen on Tuesdays.

Thanks again and I hope you are enjoying the campaign.

-Danny
    That was Speedy! We're loving the campaign, thanks for all the hard work. I'll be sure to report anything else that comes up.

Hello,

I've noticed an issue with the icon for the "Special Abilities" button appearing in the Pathfinder Official Theme.

When I create a new Pathfinder Campaign, click "Library" and then "Create PC", the image for the "Special Abilities" button that appears on the right side of the screen is the default FG "Shield" Image, while all of the other buttons are the custom Pathfinder Goblin Buttons. It doesn't break the game at all, but it just looks wrong (since the button styles are so different). I can send a screenshot of this issue if it helps clarify what I am seeing.

Jeffrey

Not sure if it's a bug or just my display as I haven't seen it already posted, but the resize arrows don't activate in the corner of windows. I have to mouse the mouse cursor well inside the window before it changes to a resize arrow.
    I know I can just Ctrl-drag - or even just not use the pathfinder theme (because it's fine in other themes) but, it's just annoying that I can't do it 'normally'.

cursor.jpg
    Licence: Ultimate Licence Holder - Anyone can play in my games
    Systems: D&D 5e, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds

Thread Information