DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 108 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    In Rise of the Runelords, Ch. 3, Part 1, in the Graul Farm, the "standard" ogrekin don't have the effects of their deformities included in their stats. For example, in A5, Lucky doesn't have his +2 bonus on Reflex saves, and in A16, Sugar doesn't have his +2 bonus on Fort saves, nor his 20 ft speed, while Horgrath deosn't have his -2 on Will saves. In their SQ fields, they all have the default deformities listed, rather than their actual ones, and they also all have the default description, which doesn't match their individual appearances.

Some of the entries within the Pathfinder Bestiary 1 module are not correctly reporting attacks. Where normally "Full Attacks" report multiple attacks with the "and" keyword, the standard "Attack" line normally uses the "or" keyword for various single attacks. For some of the creatures (i.e., crocodile, dire crocodile, ghoul) are using the "and" keyword for both the "Attack" line and the "Full Attack" line, thus not giving the user the ability to perform standard action attacks (instead, all attacks as part of a full attack are rolled).
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Some of the entries within the Pathfinder Bestiary 1 module are not correctly reporting attacks. Where normally "Full Attacks" report multiple attacks with the "and" keyword, the standard "Attack" line normally uses the "or" keyword for various single attacks. For some of the creatures (i.e., crocodile, dire crocodile, ghoul) are using the "and" keyword for both the "Attack" line and the "Full Attack" line, thus not giving the user the ability to perform standard action attacks (instead, all attacks as part of a full attack are rolled).
    Thanks for reporting. Are those the only ones?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for reporting. Are those the only ones?
    I don't know - I didn't check all of them. I came across the ones I found by accident. I did check a few others and the ones I checked were okay. I checked a total of about 6 and half of them had the problem. Sorry, I know this doesn't help much
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

I checked a total of about 6 and half of them had the problem.
    That's cool - thanks for reporting. I really don't think it's too common as most of the Paizo statblocks use commas for multiple attacks, but we will fix any that we're aware of.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's cool - thanks for reporting. I really don't think it's too common as most of the Paizo statblocks use commas for multiple attacks, but we will fix any that we're aware of.
    Hi Trenloe,

I went ahead and clicked through all the creatures of Bestiary 1 and have identified the ones that have the problem of multiple attacks instead of single attacks for the "Attack" line:

Bebilith
    Bulette
    Crocodile
    Crocodile, Dire
    Eel, Electric
    Ettercap
    Ghoul
    Minotaur
    Phoenix

In addition, I found the following issues:

Giant Spider:
    -The Special Attack is embedded inside the Attack/Full Attack lines
    -Attack Line: Special Attack web (+5 ranged or DC 12 or hp 2)
    -Full Attack Line: Special Attack web (+5 ranged and DC 12 and hp 2)
    -Seems to be a parsing error: Should have "web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2)" inside the Special Attack line

Wraith:
    -The Special Attack is embedded inside the Attack/Full Attack lines
    -Both the Attack and Full Attack have: Special Attack create spawn. The create spawn should be within the Special Attack line. Again, most likely just a parsing error

Dragon, Black (Great Wyrm):
    -This one is petty and just a visual thing. There is an extra space between the m of Wyrm and the end parenthesis. Wouldn't have even reported it except for the fact that the module is going to be worked on anyway and this is rather low-hanging fruit.

Lycathrope, Werewolf (Human Form):
    -This may be intentional but I wanted to point out that this has no icon. All the other entries that have no actual token has a letter token. This one doesn't - just an empty token slot. If intentional, okay. Just reporting just in case.

Lycathrope, Wererat (Human Form):
    -This may be intentional but I wanted to point out that this has no icon. All the other entries that have no actual token has a letter token. This one doesn't - just an empty token slot. If intentional, okay. Just reporting just in case.

I cannot guarantee there aren't others. I didn't do a thorough review. I just picked these up as I was verifying the Attack/Full Attack issue I originally reported.

Hope this helps,
    Danny

Ultimate License Holder

Hi Trenloe,

I went ahead and clicked through all the creatures of Bestiary 1 and have identified the ones that have the problem of multiple attacks instead of single attacks for the "Attack" line:

Hope this helps,
    Danny
    This helps a lot Danny - thanks very much! We've only had one previous comment on Bestiary 1 (the Minotaur attacks), so this feedback is great. And none of this is petty - any feedback on problems, typos, extra spaces etc. is very much appreciated!

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    In Rise of the Runelords, Ch. 3, Part 1, in the Graul Farm, the "standard" ogrekin don't have the effects of their deformities included in their stats. For example, in A5, Lucky doesn't have his +2 bonus on Reflex saves, and in A16, Sugar doesn't have his +2 bonus on Fort saves, nor his 20 ft speed, while Horgrath deosn't have his -2 on Will saves. In their SQ fields, they all have the default deformities listed, rather than their actual ones, and they also all have the default description, which doesn't match their individual appearances.
    Hi Callum,

Sorry it took a while to get back to you about this. I was busy working on Starfinder and hadn't made it here until today. I made fixes to the ogrekins and updated their descriptions to match their deformities. I am checking this in today so if it doesn't go out tomorrow, it should definitely go out in next week's update.

-Danny

Ultimate License Holder

I am checking this in today so if it doesn't go out tomorrow, it should definitely go out in next week's update.
    Great - thanks, Danny! One other thing I noticed was that the map grid doesn't line up very well with the Graul Homestead - I think I shrunk the grid by two steps and then repositioned it to get it to match the interior rooms of the homestead.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Great - thanks, Danny! One other thing I noticed was that the map grid doesn't line up very well with the Graul Homestead - I think I shrunk the grid by two steps and then repositioned it to get it to match the interior rooms of the homestead.
    The RotRL module has already been put into the patch system so the fix for the grids will come out in next week's patch. Thanks again for the feedback.

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information