STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 108 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    This may not be exactly where to put it as I believe that this is a PFRPG ruleset issue not specific to the modules, but...

When rolling on an ability score of 0, the roll calculates the roll as a -5 as the modifier.

I would argue that the modifier for the roll should actually be 0.

Creatures generally are dead or in a coma with an ability score of 0 so the modifier doesn't really exist (there is no official modifier in the ability score table for a 0 score). However, creatures like constructs specifically say that they have no Constitution, yet their modifier for DCs should be 0.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    This may not be exactly where to put it as I believe that this is a PFRPG ruleset issue not specific to the modules, but...

When rolling on an ability score of 0, the roll calculates the roll as a -5 as the modifier.

Creatures generally are dead or in a coma with an ability score of 0 so the modifier doesn't really exist (there is no official modifier in the ability score table for a 0 score). However, creatures like constructs specifically say that they have no Constitution, yet their modifier for DCs should be 0.
    I think Constructs, and similar creatures, which have ability scores of 0 are to be treated as if they had a 10 in that ability score or any other relevant statistic.

"No Constitution score. Any DCs or other statistics that rely on a Constitution score treat a construct as having a score of 10 (no bonus or penalty)"
    That is found here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...gs/constructs/
    So I would guess in order to get a modifier of 0 you would have to put in a 10 in the FG Pathfinder ruleset. The Core Rulebook doesn't have a 0 for an ability score because, as you stated, creatures typically with a 0 in an ability score are dead or in a coma.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

I had posted this in hopes that the PFRPG ruleset could be modified to reflect this. Putting a 10 is not the solution. It fixes the modifier issue but is inherently wrong as constructs have no Con score, not a 10. Similar for undead.

Here is the simple pseudocode for this case, I believe:

If (score == 0) then
    modifier = 0;
    else
    *use current modifier formula*
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post

The difference here is a value of 0 or no value.

A value of 0 should be -5 on any checks based off that skill.

FG doesn't cater specifically for an ability with no value. I would imagine it's not easy, as the number controls currently used would have to be significantly changed to support this.

Maybe add it to the feature request list here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In Bestiary 2, the Catoblepas is a large creature, but the size and reach are listed as 15 ft. each. This is a mistake in the original book that was duplicated into the FG module.

Bestiary 3, the Ghawwas Div's spear attack is missing the slash separating the critical info from the damage: (2d6+10x3 plus poison). This causes criticals to only roll x2 damage.
    Last edited by Gwaihir Scout; March 25th, 2018 at 23:38.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout View Post
    In Bestiary 2, the Catoblepas is a large creature, but the size and reach are listed as 15 ft. each. This is a mistake in the original book that was duplicated into the FG module.

Bestiary 3, the Ghawwas Div's spear attack is missing the slash separating the critical info from the damage: (2d6+10x3 plus poison). This causes criticals to only roll x2 damage.
    Thanks for reporting. For Bestiary 2 I've sought guidance on to what level we modify data from official products, even if it is wrong.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Pathfinder Society Guide

Updated to v9.1 per the changelog on the Paizo forums.

Usable data-wise, the following was added:

• New faction: The Concordance
    • Drag-n-drop faction traits for The Concordance

I think this update goes live today.

The Player's Guides for Carrion Crown, Hell's Rebels. Mummy's Mask and Ruins are Azlant are inconsistently categorized in the library view. The Player's Guides for Curse of the Crimson Throne, Kingmaker, Rise of the Runelords, Strange Aeons, and War for the Crown all are categorized under Players (sic) Guide. The Carrion Crown Players (sic) Guide is under Adventures, Hells (sic) Rebels is under Hells Rebels (sic), Mummys (sic) Mask Players (sic) Guide is under Reference Manual, and the Ruins of Azlant Players (sic) Guide is under Ruins of Azlant. These should be consistent rather than disparate. Also, the use of appropriate punctuation should be resolved as well.

PFRPG-PG.jpg
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Ruins of Azlant AP typos:

- Welcoming Committee encounter label is misspelled as "Welocoming Committee"
    - The entry for 1.A.00 Talmandor's Bounty, and maps are mislabeled as "Talmandor' Bounty" in the story entry.
    - Mining Operation quest reward is labeled as "Mining Operat ion"
    - 3.P.10 Lower Observation Deck is labeled as "Lower Observat ion Deck"

Ruins of Azlant AP bugs:

- Talmandor's Bounty map unpinned
    Last edited by Trennik; June 6th, 2018 at 21:37.

Paizo Kingmaker module [mistakes found]

Hello,

As my players and I were running through book 2 of Kingmaker, we ran into a mistake in the module.

B. A Delicate Situation - The creature in the encounter is a Nixie, but in the encounters window she is labeled as a Dryad and has a Dryad picture. Of course Nixie's look nothing like Dryads. Melianse is the NPC's name.

I have attached a screenshot to show you.

Happy Gaming!
    Deadly Secret
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information