DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Interest Check: Rappan Athuk

I'm wondering if there's a interest for for a good old dungeon crawl where squeezing every ounce of power out of your character only grants one a 'passing chance'.

Rappan Athuk, commonly known as 'The Dungeon of Graves' is built to be unfair. Where to level up, is to survive, and knowing when to run is crucial. However, where's there's risk, there's reward, and often it's with treasure far above APL.

Expectations for play:

+ One shot drop in format: Each session is effectively a one shot, starting equipment vanishes upon death (Found dungeon loot is preserved)
    -- Leaving/returning players appear in and out existence each session unless dictated otherwise, (In case of abuse), their inventory will carry unless it is an item needed for progression in which case it will transfer to a current player.
    -- Half starter WBL due to the above average APL treasure drops, isolated location limits shop access so a majority of player wealth will be found.
    -- Leveling is tied to progression as opposed to EXP, the further you get in the dungeon will advance the level of everyone in the group, including new comers. Due to the level EXP field, there will be minor perks granted to those who survive a number of character levels which is to be determined.

+ High death rate: Don't get attached to your character, there's a 90% they'll die. And epic and embarrassing deaths are part of the fun. If you manage to survive a few character levels, you'll gain minor perks (traits) but not enough to garner jealousy from others, and often relate hilariously to how you survived when your fellow adventurers did not.

+ Varying time: Depending on what days I have free, the time slot will float, but will adjust to an EST/EDT evening slot. The next game's time will be announced to a group skype chat so everyone will know what games they can play.

+ Low prep: A simple white background with the dungeon drawn in using drawing tools as it is explored.

+ No PFS credit as Rappan Athuk is definitely not a sanctioned module, but it lends itself heavily to power gamers.

+ Medium rule adherence: Rules as written, but as with previous experience, I reserve the right to bend a few, mainly to be in favor of the party due to the sheer difficulty of the dungeon. But if you're going to argue about a 2d6 spike trap when I previously bent a rule preventing a TPK.. well... you get my drift.

LFG posting here!
    Last edited by Ken L; May 2nd, 2017 at 02:47.

Hi!

What ruleset? If swords and wizardy, I'd be interested.

Primarch

It'll be PF, part of why I put it in the PFS forum. It's not PFS sanctioned, but Rappan is very Meat Grindy which is a great place to throw experimental character builds at.

mmm... might be interested in this one, depending on how schedules mesh, but I am EST and work weekdays, keep posted

I would be very interested in this!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

That's enough interest that i'll formally put out a LFG on the LFG forum
    I'll update the topic when I put it out.

If I had more time, I sure would. Incidentally, the Frog God took notice too.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Thread Information