STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I think you're going to have problems with any application you try to stretch across displays of differing resolutions, not just FG. What you are effectively wanting is a rectangle (i.e. the application window) that is actually not a rectangle. You want it to be 1800 pixels high on one side and 1200 on the other (and that is no longer a rectangle ).

You might see if your graphics driver can make your two screens into one. Nvidia drivers can often do this (though I don't know about if the resolutions differ), or you might just have to set the resolutions of both monitors the same.
    just in case you GPU can't do the two monitors in one thing; what I do to get around this issue is have two instances of FG running at the same time and share everything with my second round. it would make my setup a lot easier if you could GM privileges to another player on your game. just a thought for some of you that cant to the dule monior setup.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderith View Post
    just in case you GPU can't do the two monitors in one thing; what I do to get around this issue is have two instances of FG running at the same time and share everything with my second round. it would make my setup a lot easier if you could GM privileges to another player on your game. just a thought for some of you that cant to the dule monior setup.
    The current architecture/design doesnt lend itself to this.

I know this is an old discussion, but I was looking for how people play with two monitors. I happen to have 2 with the same resolution so stretching works for me. What doesn't happen though is that the stretched application doesn't save its state on startup. I have to stretch the program to the right size every time. I just assume this is how it is if it isn't can someone clue me in on how to get the stretching to stay on restart of FG?

On the ability to display different documents on different windows without stretching I was thinking a different solution to this problem that Smithworks could try is to allow a DM to connect to the DMs machine as a second DM. That way a DM with two monitors could start up 2 instances of FG connect one to the other and have different content on different windows. This could be a huge networking and performance nightmare, but if it wasn't it could be a solution for Unity not supporting multiple monitors.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

I used FG on two monitors by using the Nvidia tools to span two monitors into one virtual display and it works great. It's a little annoying to have to configure it that way once a week, but that's more me being lazy than it being difficult.

If you you an Nnidia graphics card and want more detailed instructions of what I do, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh18 View Post
    I know this is an old discussion, but I was looking for how people play with two monitors. I happen to have 2 with the same resolution so stretching works for me. What doesn't happen though is that the stretched application doesn't save its state on startup. I have to stretch the program to the right size every time. I just assume this is how it is if it isn't can someone clue me in on how to get the stretching to stay on restart of FG?
    I'm not sure what your issue is since mine stays stretched over two monitors if I close FG in the stretched state. It's possibly the way you have your monitors set up within Windows. Mine is set to 'Extend these displays'. I don't know if that makes any difference or not but if yours isn't set to that you could give it a go.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yup mine are set the same way. I don’t know what causes it, but I resolved the issue. I bought the humble bundle that had display fusion in it and I can have it detect the event of fantasy ground opening and return the window to a specific size. This works for me and doesn’t require me to do anything.

DMs Guild Products: Waterdeep primer, Waterdeep Fantasy Grounds Module
    Current GM Games: DnD 5E Forgotten Realms, DnD 5E Tal'Dorei
    Current Projects: Waterdeep Battlemaps
    Systems of Interest: DnD 5E, 7th Sea
    Random Musing: https://www.jasonhardin.com

I just got FG. Will Unity be an upgrade or a WHOLE NEW PRODUCT. sorry for my noob questions

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoomagicman View Post
    I just got FG. Will Unity be an upgrade or a WHOLE NEW PRODUCT. sorry for my noob questions
    Hopefully most of your questions will be answered here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...unds-Unity-FAQ
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm new to Fantasy grounds and have been looking forward to GM'ing with it! So far from what I have explored from the product, I like

That being said, the FIRST thing that I notice was this missing piece of functionality. It's a HUGE loss, imo. Without it, I feel like I'm running a table top game and being restricted to how many documents / books I'm able to spread out during game play. Pop out windows are extremely helpful to DM's and players alike. Its important for DM and player to be able to view a player's character sheet and critical information at the same time as clearly viewing the map. We're able to best assess the a clear view of the map while making considerations on other screens as to our character's next move, while watching players move each turn. As a player, myself and other have used a similar software with three monitors and the ability of pop-out windows to spread out. I really, really hope they add this element to Unity. The ability for pop-out boxes is offered in other similar soft wares. If this function was included in FG, it would give all other programs a run for the money. Without it, it just becomes a large - CON - when comparing products. I hope to keep learning about the product, because it does still possess a number of strengths.

Again all is imo. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by curtcleancut View Post
    I'm new to Fantasy grounds and have been looking forward to GM'ing with it! So far from what I have explored from the product, I like

That being said, the FIRST thing that I notice was this missing piece of functionality. It's a HUGE loss, imo. Without it, I feel like I'm running a table top game and being restricted to how many documents / books I'm able to spread out during game play. Pop out windows are extremely helpful to DM's and players alike. Its important for DM and player to be able to view a player's character sheet and critical information at the same time as clearly viewing the map. We're able to best assess the a clear view of the map while making considerations on other screens as to our character's next move, while watching players move each turn. As a player, myself and other have used a similar software with three monitors and the ability of pop-out windows to spread out. I really, really hope they add this element to Unity. The ability for pop-out boxes is offered in other similar soft wares. If this function was included in FG, it would give all other programs a run for the money. Without it, it just becomes a large - CON - when comparing products. I hope to keep learning about the product, because it does still possess a number of strengths.

Again all is imo. Cheers!
    So, I have figured out some things with this since I originally posted the question. For FGC, I go in to my NVidia Control panel (I believe ATI has something similar) and set two of my three monitors to span into one display. Then just turn the third one back on as an additional monitor, this let FGC "full screen" stretched across two monitors. Works well enough. If you are also using Discord and have to close it, you'll want to make sure you primary monitors is *not* the spanned display or discord doesn't start properly.

For FGU (which we just started goofing with last night actually) it stretches across monitors a little more cleanly, but it doesn't seem to want to respect the spanned displays. By that I mean, even if the displays are spanned as above, when I full screen, it snaps to only one physical monitor, similar to how Chrome acts if folks are familiar with spanning.

If the dev team sees this (yeah, some thread necromancy has happened) do we know if this one physical monitors snapping is intentional and if there could be an option to enable/encourage snapping to the full spanned virtual display? Having the screen stretched is an ok work around, but full screening hides the windows tool bar and the top menu bar and is just generally cleaner.

Thanks and I hope that helps.

Thread Information