5E Character Create Playlist

Half Orc Paladin having targeting issues

I have a campaign i am running that during combat the half orc paladin when she rolls for attack, damage etc randomly targets party members or enemies despite the fact she only has the enemy targeted. This results in her making an attack roll against a friendly or applying the damage to a random PC or NPC. I have tried:
    -Removing from the tracker and replacing
    -Creating an entirely new PC from scratch using the 5e PHB
    -waiting for updates
    -Using a different weapon to attack
    -Making sure her setting are the same
    -Reinstalling the software on a new computer

The issue is still occurring but only with her character. Everyone else seems fine. Anyone else seeing a problem with the Paladin? not sure how to fix this. Right now she is just manually dragging onto each character instead.

Does it still happen when that player plays a different character?

Oh and as ever are you using any extensions? And does the problem persist in a new campaign without extensions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    User error?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I dont believe it is user error. I have tried it myself from her computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Does it still happen when that player plays a different character?

Oh and as ever are you using any extensions? And does the problem persist in a new campaign without extensions.
    I have not tried a different type of character, or having her control another, but i did create an entirely new character and deleted her old one using the 5E PHB dragging and dropping the class for levels, the same way we have created every other character. That still did not work. Right now I have the ultimate license and I am using Princes of the Apocalypse. I thought it may be the older laptop she had at first too, but now she has a new Asus laptop and fantasy grounds install.
    I will try giving her control of someone else's PC and see if it still occurs.
    Then, I will try recreating the same paladin in another fake campaign and see if it still occurs. Ill let you know what I find.
    Last edited by Macabreus; April 28th, 2017 at 14:10.

We tried with her controlling another character, using different weapons, etc. it seemed to be fixed for a short time, but started changing again after she put "magic weapon" on herself. We then tried putting magic weapon on another character but they did not experience the same problems

Please provide screenshots of the issue - showing the combat tracker with any effects and targeting active, the character sheet with the action/s that are being rolled and the chat window showing the results of these actions. This will give us a chance to help track down what the issue is.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Macabreus View Post
    We tried with her controlling another character, using different weapons, etc. it seemed to be fixed for a short time, but started changing again after she put "magic weapon" on herself. We then tried putting magic weapon on another character but they did not experience the same problems
    Might it be a "use Magic Device" fail issue, leading to random targeting. Does she ever damage herself?

Thread Information