STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    I'm waiting on the 3D stuff way to go Carl (Tabletop Connect fan!)

Maps have always been where Fantasy Grounds has been behind the curve compared to other softwares. I'm glad there are plans in the works to make the map handling better in the software.

A map as a background would be great. Most usecases have only 1 active map, it would decrease the window management as everything else would just float above it. Alas, that won't happen..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    A map as a background would be great. Most usecases have only 1 active map, it would decrease the window management as everything else would just float above it. Alas, that won't happen..
    I am always cautious not to promise features that are not complete or currently in development, but I wouldn't say that it won't happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    I am always cautious not to promise features that are not complete or currently in development, but I wouldn't say that it won't happen.
    You're in trouble now! Or at least if Doug sees this *G*

Seriously though, we all see such great potential that we hope for many things. But we also know, and appreciate, the approach you all take in not promising anything until it is certain you can deliver.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Getting the system into Unity properly, with great care, will attract young talent, encourage CI/CD, open countless UI/UX opportunities, and improve performance immensely. Before we start making UI requests or judging interface changes, let's just applaud them for being courageous enough to go through a process that regularly KILLS software companies when done improperly.

With that, as a DM I would greatly appreciate any UI updates that improve the popup fatigue I suffer during content heavy sessions (Curse of Strahd in Vallaki was particularly hard to manage with so many NPC's, locations, and plots spread across the chapter in different FG story cards and having a single story page that could populate with pages instead of a new popup every time would have helped to find stuff I had loaded to keep on hand.) The hot links on the bottom are a great way to get around this to force the popup/screen to the front, but there are times when I have to have the players hold while I try to find the popup on my screen because it's not hot linked.

Sturtus,

I was having the same issue. I have found two things make it much better for me. First, I make my own story boards within the module. I just add story entries linking the modules key entries together along with notes on how I want to handle things. I name them prefixed with my first name, so they are easy to find. Second, I edit the module story entries to make them specific to my party/preference. Third, I link the story boards I've created as well as maps and images that are soon to be revealed, to the hot keys at the bottom of the window. If there are a lot of images likely to be revealed together I collect them in a single story board and link that for quick reference.

I hope this helps to make the existing framework work better for you.

Thread Information