DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I believe Unity runs native on Macs.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Really cool, i didn't expect the weather effects layering so bravo. I'm curious about the graphics implementation given the current FG build on Mac and Linux rely on Dx9 wine emulation. Relying on emulation kinda puts us in a rut unless it's OpenGL or something cross platform for FGU.

Great seeing incremental progress!
    With the Unity rebuild, we will have native compiling on Mac and Linux and no need for DirectX libraries anymore and no more WINE.

Blog Entries
    What kind of system are we going to need to run weather effects and still have a smooth experience rolling dice and moving tokens around and such?
    The weather effects, as well as the rest of the rendering in FGU, are GPU accelerated. Checking the profiler, the rain effect takes 0.05ms on a GeForce GTS 450—which is a five year old graphics card.

I'm curious about the graphics implementation given the current FG build on Mac and Linux rely on Dx9 wine emulation. Relying on emulation kinda puts us in a rut unless it's OpenGL or something cross platform for FGU.
    FGU will be Mac and Linux native.

Blog Entries
    As can be seen here, the Unity engine is specifically built to be multi-platform. For Fantasy Grounds purposes, they're aiming at native Windows, Mac and Linux builds, as @pindercarl and @ddavison have stated. No WINE, no workarounds, no legacy DirectX.

Blog Entries
    This looks very reminiscent of putting a map together with Neverwinter Nights; tile based terrain with individual or a collection of placeables. As long as there's variety it shouldn't look like every tree is the same etc...
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    @pindercarl, what are you doing up already? You need your sleep so you can keep adding awesome new features to FGU!

Carl you beautiful son of a gun go rest. But sweet baby Moses do I want a slight rumble weather effect for earthquakes or stampedes or impending danger. Or a fire version for being on fire. Or mist....YOU SPOILED ME CARL.... YOU MONSTER

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaara6666 View Post
    Carl you beautiful son of a gun go rest. But sweet baby Moses do I want a slight rumble weather effect for earthquakes or stampedes or impending danger. Or a fire version for being on fire. Or mist....YOU SPOILED ME CARL.... YOU MONSTER

@gaara6666 you'll have to try harder next time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    As can be seen here, the Unity engine is specifically built to be multi-platform. For Fantasy Grounds purposes, they're aiming at native Windows, Mac and Linux builds, as @pindercarl and @ddavison have stated. No WINE, no workarounds, no legacy DirectX.
    Maybe a FGU viewer app for my TV?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post

@gaara6666 you'll have to try harder next time
    Never try..... that's my motto Carl

Thread Information