5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Being able to export a client for Android or Xbox doesnt mean that it will be usable or enjoyable to use. The current UI/UX doesnt really lend itself to touch or console controllers for example. Porting to other devices is a far bigger job than simply being able to export a client app that will run.
    I didn't know I wanted to run Fantasy Grounds on my Xbox One until you mentioned it, damned!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooberosity View Post
    Exactly. I was just pointing out that Unity's engine allows for much easier cross platform development, so relying on emulators for Linux or Macs MIGHT not be required, depending on whether or not FG publishes in those formats.
    Linux and Mac are 100% on Fantasy Grounds target list for native clients
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post334617

Of course there is always that thing about mice, men and plans...

This looks cool but what is FGU? I know what it stands for but what will it be adding to Fantasy Grounds once released? Is there an intro post I missed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    This looks cool but what is FGU? I know what it stands for but what will it be adding to Fantasy Grounds once released? Is there an intro post I missed?
    FGU is the informal name used to refer to port of Fantasy Grounds to the Unity platform currently in development. FGU will replace the current Fantasy Grounds client and will include improvements to rendering, UI, and networking. FGU will be backward compatible with existing rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    FGU is the informal name used to refer to port of Fantasy Grounds to the Unity platform currently in development. FGU will replace the current Fantasy Grounds client and will include improvements to rendering, UI, and networking. FGU will be backward compatible with existing rulesets.
    So I will lose no functionality that I currently have?

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    So I will lose no functionality that I currently have?
    That is the number one design goal.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That is the number one design goal.
    Great because that is my number one concern! I'm really glad Fantasy Grounds is working to make the product better though. I subscribe to the ultimate license but was really thinking about moving to a full license soon. Glad to hear improvements are coming, even if they cost a little more.

Will FG:U have the ability to adjust font sizes native in the GUI? My eyes are not getting any younger. lol. It would be a nice feature to have.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    You don't have the Big Fonts extension Jolly? My eyes were just as bad when I was 6 as they are now at 60, that extension has saved me a lot of squinting induced headaches.

The font extensions are clunky at best and in reality don't work very well because of how FG is architected. No matter what the developer does things start overlapping and becoming illegible.

Thread Information