Starfinder Playlist

Dagger of Venom Effects

5E
    I am trying to make an effect/power that will use the Dagger of Venom ability which is an item in the DM's Guide, and SRD magic items.

I.E. if I "apply the poison" hit the target, and roll for damage I want the target to make a Save vs. constitution DC 15, apply DMG 2d10 poison, and add Poisoned status.
    I have attempted multiple syntaxes and can't seem to get it correct.
    I can add the 2d10 poison damage DMG: 2d10, poison
    I cannot get the target to roll the Con save first and if fails then apply the damage
    I cannot get the target to receive the poisoned debuff
    I have tried multiple variations of SAVEVS: CON DC 15; DMG: 2d10, poison; EFF: Poisoned

Thanks
    Elsender
    Last edited by Elsender; April 23rd, 2017 at 09:16.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Hi Elsender,
    try look on my two examples which are in our BLOG section
    maybe it can help you

see:
    "How to create - Item "poisoned dagger""
    "How to create - "Poisoned weapon with saving throw checks and poison condition""

and welcome

HI Elsender, welcome to FG.

I suspect that you are trying to add the effects to the weapon itself - but you can't do that. You will need to set up this as an effect in the powers tab. Create a new powers and then so the saving throw part and then do the damage part. See the screenshot below and also see here for how to create effects.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    HI Elsender, welcome to FG.

I suspect that you are trying to add the effects to the weapon itself - but you can't do that. You will need to set up this as an effect in the powers tab. Create a new powers and then so the saving throw part and then do the damage part. See the screenshot below and also see here for how to create effects.
    Zacchaeus,

Thank you,
    I spent a long time searching the blogs and forums for an answer to this before i posted; Now I feel like a moron for not finding it.
    Building the effect this way definitely works, and to be honest in my fiddling I was almost there, as I was able to force the Save adding a "spell" effect. just couldn't figure out the rest.
    I can see how building it this way does allow for far more versatility on weapons with magic effects,
    Anyway I will obviously be using the dagger this way, I will admit that it is not as "clean" as I really wanted. I was hoping for a single click to do it all instead of 3 i.e. click the effect button and all three things happen.

Thank you very much
    Elsender

Thread Information