DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 14 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Well then... I have to say I had a pretty good educated guess for it.
    - The measure of a good GM is how well he can tell an entertaining story, not how hard he can beat his players into submission.

By the way, for character creation are we looking at the standard 250 points (100 + 150) as per the book?

Just checking.
    - The measure of a good GM is how well he can tell an entertaining story, not how hard he can beat his players into submission.

Yes. standard Max of 250 points (100 Base + 150 Max from Disadvantages) as per the book?

Also, as I think there are some of the players that probably have more experience with the system than I do, if anyone has any questions on character building, point counting etc. it is probably best to post it here rather than PMing me. I am still learning the system myself.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I am getting caught up in modifiers for advantage and power effects that is making me scratch my head a bit. I think because I know mutants and mastermind the close but no cigar similarities are tripping me up.if any more experienced person wouldn't mind helping me I would appreciate it.

I'm at work now but I should be online tonight in 5 hours
    Last edited by gaara6666; April 27th, 2017 at 19:30.

I might be able to help you a bit if you phrase your concerns into questions.

Other than the history and background, I have my character written up and awaiting approval. I don't know the campaign caps, and I used what would have been a very common set of values in a typical Champs 4th Edition game.

You can find "Fortress" on Google Drive.

Out of curiosity, what brought you to craft this game with 4th Ed. rules? (Instead of 5th or 6th?

I find that the more advanced editions are more complete in their details than 4th.)

Two things:

1) I'm a classic type of guy. Hence why I made the AD&D ruleset. There are years and years worth of material for Champions 4th edition, none of which I had read or played. I'm not a "have to play the newest and shiniest type of guy".
    2) I picked up all 65 books for 4th edition at a once in a lifetime steal thru the bundle of holding sale. What better reason than that is needed?

Don't get too bogged down in the details. The important thing is that we have fun. If the I's aren't crossed and the T's aren't dotted perfectly, it's ok, as long as we have fun.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Ok... just curious. =)

My character is ready for approval now. Complete with background and image now. =)

Looks awesome, MrKinister. Approved.

I should be in a better position to answer questions after this weekend once I make it thru finishing reading the manual and make a character or two myself. In the mean time, it looks like MrKinister is knowledgeable on the subject if you can give him concrete questions.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Nice...

If you have any questions I may be able to help. I used to run Fantasy Hero for 4th Edition for a number of years, and also did some Champions GMing for 4th and 5th Edition, although all of them were a long time ago.

When you are done finishing the manual, I'd invite you to double check my Elemental Control and see if you feel it is a good fit for Kinetic Control powers.

Thread Information