DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Answulf View Post
    The Dungeon World "setting" (I'd go so far as to say it doesn't have a setting) is generic on purpose because you are supposed to collaborate on the details of a group setting during your first session (the details the players care about, that is). So for that reason it doesn't really meet your criteria of having a rich world, and it isn't very conducive to long-term campaigns if that is important to you.

Great game though, and it will just flat out make you a better GM regardless of your current experience level. Definitely not for everyone, although new players might actually respond to it better than experienced players because they don't have to fight against what they have learned from playing games like D&D.
    I don't see anything in DW which would make it not be suitable for longer campaigns?

Yes, I saw that you're supposed to build a setting on the spot. I don't like that. I'm sure it's great for one-shots, but I much prefer to build or use a solid setting which has a rich world. I could use any of the settings in any of the games, or come up with my own. Of course I would have to come up with stats for monsters, but that's no big deal.

Good point about new players possibly responding better, than battle-hardened RPG vets.

Speaking of Dungeon World - there is a DW adventure on "Deal of the Day" on DTRPG today. 62 page adventure for $2.55: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ure?src=DotDem
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    After a lot of further research, I'm leaning towards Dungeon World, with Savage Worlds coming in at close second.
    If you're still interested in Savage Worlds there's currently a Bundle of Holding going on for the East Texas University setting, including the Savage Worlds rulebook - included the base $9.95 bundle, which is the usual cost for the rulebook PDF. The complete collection is a bargain if you're vaguely interested in this type of setting. Which, coincidentally, is also available on Fantasy Grounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information