STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    I'm a poor judge of commonly known. I've had the MacBook since end of 2012 but I only use it for coding and occasional web browsing + pdfs. And since getting FG, for FG module creation.

I hadn't owned an Apple since an Apple ][+ in '80s.

I'm constantly annoyed not figuring out how to do simple things like "cut and pasting" a file from one location to another. Seems I must copy-drag it ... bah and many other little things I got used to in Windows.

The control click probably happened because when I don't know how to do something, I click it with shift, control, option and alt to see what happens

You can control click on a file and choose copy then go to where you want it and command+v to paste or choose paste from the edit menu.

Blog Entries
    I added a note to the first post. Thanks.

OMG... my Mac thanks you! This worked too smoothly!

App runs great, nice & quick! But how do I re-path the application so my new instance shows all my campaigns, characters & stuff?

Can still see it in the old startup via Steam - so phew, it's there somewhere!

I copied the entire Fantasy Grounds folder across & replaced - it works just fine.

Probably worth knowing if I've now got two sets of files somewhere but no drama - I'll push on with the new 'App' one & delete the old stuff when I'm sure it's working.

One bit of feedback, it's changed my internal IP address in the app to something entirely different (not my usual router determined one). Works fine though & gives a successful connection test though.

How is this different than the Steam version... other than not having steam open?

And also @damned I demand to have the Unity version before it is here.

Hello everyone! I've run into a bit of a problem.

I got the app to install easily. However, I'm running into an issue with updating and activating my Ultimate License.

I enter the Ultimate License key in the Settings menu but it is still acting like the demo version. Likewise, I tried using the "Activate License" button and entering my key. After entering the key it prompts the update window, goes through a few lines, and goes back to the main window still displaying as the demo version.

The "Update Available" button is showing red like an update is available. I press the button, it goes through the update, then goes back to the main screen and the button is still red like the update didn't happen.

I've been using FG on my Mac through steam and it works great but this method is still exciting to me. Any ideas of how to fix these issues?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    How is this different than the Steam version... other than not having steam open?

And also @damned I demand to have the Unity version before it is here.
    It's nearly the same but doesn't require a need for Steam at all. I think Zeus also updated it to use the latest WINE version and made a change to the Data Directory default setting.

Thread Information