STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 70 First ... 234561454 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jab112 View Post
    Hi grate work. Can you ask Dulux-Oz to add this rule set to his list for the doe extensions
    Unfortunately I've no experience with that extension. However if you unzip the .ext file, tweak the .xml file and add the ruleset name you should be able to test if it does work. w/o knowing what it does I can't say if it will work but if it's 5e based in theory it "could" depending on what it does.

Update v2017.05.24
    • Actions Tab (split weapon and powers)
    • Lots and lots of ref manual work for handle AD&D items.

The big change users will notice for this update is that I split up the actions tab. I always thought it was really cluttered... So I split out weapons and powers.

Please let me know if anyone likes (or dislikes) this change.
    Weapon view:

Powers view:

I am going to try and slim up the weapons a bit more (lots of wasted space IMO) and make it more of a table list if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Update v2017.05.24
    • Actions Tab (split weapon and powers)
    • Lots and lots of ref manual work for handle AD&D items.

The big change users will notice for this update is that I split up the actions tab. I always thought it was really cluttered... So I split out weapons and powers.
    I found a bug (reported by player) for something I missed. During edit mode you'd get an error. I've corrected and uploaded v2017.05.25. Apologies for the bug but thanks for the report Yeknom!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I found a bug (reported by player) for something I missed. During edit mode you'd get an error. I've corrected and uploaded v2017.05.25. Apologies for the bug but thanks for the report Yeknom!
    Happy to help.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

I looked at your suggestion but to make the right tweaks is beyond my skills you will have to work with Dulux-Oz to set things up.

Update v2017.06.13:
    * NPC actions tab - This functions almost exactly the same as players "Actions" tab. To use this for your NPCs you'll need to select the "shield" in the combat tracker to bring up the NPC details and then select the Actions tab (followed by weapons/powers). This works a lot like the 3.5e/Pathfinder NPC spell casting/weapons. I plan to automatically add weapons in the Actions->Weapons tab to the Combat Tracker "clickable" text like it currently does.

You can drag/drop items (weapons) to the weapon tab and spells on the powers tab.

Here is the "Weapons" tab.

Here is the "Powers" tab.

well holy ****. I dun ****ed up. JUST asked for this in a new thread. could have sworn there was nothing in the forums, and have been looking for the last two weeks for a better way to make all this work.

If you need help with anything, and an untrained monkey could help, feel free to ask. I want this done all the way. its beautiful

ok, having looked at it, is it possible to expand the AC section to include AC vs slashing, piercing and bludgeoning? Its a thing, in 2nd ed, and while I might be the only GM out there that does in fact use it, I would certainly like to see it included here (most often its displayed as AC (7/5/4). not sure about automating that though; might get a little complicated applying an AC effect depending on the attack type... still, it would be nice to see the option there for it.

Also, for the AC to match traditional values, you can add a display AC, (another value for the character sheet that applies math to the 5e numbers, that way you can use the 5e combat rules as they are written and keep the automation levels that are already there.

thac0 is easy enough: it already assumes that you have a bonus of 0 to hit from your thac0. to convert that to true 2nd ed you just need to apply a -20 to that number (ie Thac0 = 20 - attack).

example: thac0 18, on an 18, hits AC 0. fair enough. thats what Thac0 means. in 5e, that would be the same as a +2 bonus to attack. so you just have to make those numbers work for you.

so in 5e, you have a +2 attack, meaning on an 18 you hit ac 20. this is the math the system uses. if you take that 2 and remove it from 20, you end up with an 18... which is your Thac0 in 2e.

thac0 15 is equivalent to a +5 attack... 20 - 15 is... 5.\

you just need to apply it backwards to convert the other way of course, so:

Thac0 = 20 - attack.

and conversely,

Attack = 20 - Thac0.

The same can be done to convert AC. an ac of 10 is the same in both. An ac of 8 in 2e is an ac of 12 in 5e. to get those numbers to match up, you do a simply switch. display_ac = 10 - (ac - 10).

if AC = 15 (in 5e), then display_ac = (10 - (15-10)) = (10 - 5) = 5.

this math follows through completely in converting 5e to 2e attacks, so all you have to do is put in a display AC and display thac0 on the character sheete that show the result of an equation that matches those numbers.

so now you're applying the changes to the character sheet that show the correct 2e numbers, without changing in the slightest the actual automation programmed into the corerpg ruleset.

(I mention all of this because it does not seem to work either way when its a player character sheet involved, btw. not because I don't think you understand the math - I was playing using this conversion for simple math about 5 years before 3.0 even came out, its not particularly hard to figure out if you look at it - but because after testing, the automation was spitting out errors when dragging an attack roll from the chat window over a token)
    Last edited by Fantell; June 23rd, 2017 at 13:02.

Make a table that includes the weapon type vs armor type, or just an image. Have the players include the modifier or create it as an effect. Adding it to the ruleset can surely be done but there are some other tweaks I'd suggest Mike (Celestian) work on first. He has a priority list up somewhere.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Thread Information