5E Character Create Playlist
Page 33 of 70 First ... 23313233343543 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    In the classes I looked at I did not see any place where the weapons tab or powers tab of advancements was used. I imagined powers might have had things like pass without trace or shapeshifter for druids, was never sure what the weapon tab would have.

Any 8n nutshell on how these are used or intended?
    Sure, powers like you mentioned would be placed there. I added it initially for the Paladin Lay on Hands. At level one they get the power Lay on Hands that they can use once a day and it will apply the correct amount of healing using the CasterLevel value as the amount healed.

Monks (in 1e) get attacks/damage that changes per level that it could be used for.

Any innate ability that the class grants at some point is what it's useful for.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Awesome - thought so on Powers, just didn't see an example in there Thanks. Paly abil is perfect example.

What about the "Weapons" tab on same sheet? What would you use that for?

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Awesome - thought so on Powers, just didn't see an example in there Thanks. Paly abil is perfect example.

What about the "Weapons" tab on same sheet? What would you use that for?
    What I mentioned, related to the Monk, I would place there. I can't think of any other class off-hand that has class based damage at specific levels tho I am sure there are others I'm not remembering.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah, I get it now - didn't realize when you discussed Monk after Paladin (regarding Powers) that you had switched to Weapons.
    Got it!

Update 2018.06.11
    • Added: radial menu for quicknote entries.
    • Added: option to memorize spells using arrows in "action" mode in Actions/Power tab
    • Added: alt-double click token changes CT view to that entry and highlights name.
    • Added: Ascending AC/BAB option in campaign settings. (default off)
    • Updated:Shadow rolls for Manual dice rolls, fake dice roll.
    • Bugfix: NPC name in the CT no longer read only.

Memorize spells when using the "action" mode easier now with arrows either side of memorized count.

After mentioning some support for ascending AC I went ahead and made some updates so it would be more fully supported. There is a new campaign setting to toggle it on/off. I've tested this myself but please report any missing options.

As mentioned elsewhere I tweaked the manual dice roller to throw some fake dice and ONLY show the shadow to PCs. This is to make the on-demand dice option (control-click-dice) a bit more authentic. You'll see the dice roll but the players will only see the shadows. The values of the dice will be ignored and your manually set vaules used.

Here is a clip of the new memorization option I mentioned.
    ---

Just curious. The reason that the "preparation" mode is used in the other D&D rulesets is to prevent accidental change of memorized spell counts during standard play, when just trying to activate rolls. Plus, it's something that's only typically allowed when resting. What's the impetus to move the memorized count to the "live play" mode of the sheet?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just curious. The reason that the "preparation" mode is used in the other D&D rulesets is to prevent accidental change of memorized spell counts during standard play, when just trying to activate rolls. Plus, it's something that's only typically allowed when resting. What's the impetus to move the memorized count to the "live play" mode of the sheet?
    Some DMs allow their clerics to spontaneously convert a spell to a healing spell (like 3e does tho it's been around for a while) so this will allow them to "remove" the spell as if they used it w/o having to click the "cast" button (and related output from that). There are also magic items that allow spells to be "re-memorized" and creatures that can "drain" spells.

Also in the case of resting in AD&D it doesn't just refresh prepared slots. You allocate each spell slot to a spell. 5E has "open slots" that can be used for any spell you have "prepared". Resting doesn't really "refresh" the slots ruleset wise. "Rules" wise it does mean, after a rest, if you've cast a spell you can memorize something in that slot however.

In AD&D's case I've "ticked" the spell in the list if it's memorized (i.e. the slot is in use). When the spell is cast the tick is removed.

I find as player I spend most of my time in combat/standard mode using display "action" (just buttons). You can use "see details" on the spell to view/adjust memorization options as well. This just negates the need to "see details" on the spell to memorize it. The only time as a DM I use prep display is when I'm adding spell slots for various levels of a NPC. PCs tend to not need to do that now that it's automatic when they level up.

Just a little more micro-management for spells than later revs
    ---

Update 2018.06.29
    • Added: Option to hide effect when applied.
    • Added: Class/Advancement skills tab to include a skill when leveling.
    • Added: Class/Advancement Movement and Ac fields to improve base move and AC when leveling.
    • Updated: TYPE() in effects is unrestricted and will match any string in TYPE() to creature TYPE.
    • Bugfix: Weapon prof, combobox selection shows text, not node ID string.

You can now set a "hide" option on a effect anywhere you can edit effects so that when it's applied the PCs cannot see it. Useful for NPC powers that others wouldn't see or that might not have immediate effect.

Skills tab added to class/advancement section. If you use the same skill name but update the skill value it will just replace it with that. This is for versions of the game like basic and 1e that use a static increase in skills for thieves/monks/etc.

Movement and AC base fields added to Class/Advancement for ... monk type classes. You can now adjust move and ac as the character levels.

Effects like IFT: TYPE("goblin");ATK: 1 wouldn't work because TYPE() compared the values passed from the effect to a static table and then compared it to the "type" value on the creature. This wasn't useful for our needs so I removed the static table and now the TYPE() will match if it matches anything in the npc type field. For 5e I understand they did this because the same code was utilized for pathfinder. I thought it would be far more useful to allow the DMs to make up a npc with any type field they wanted and the effect TYPE() still work.
    ---

There is a bug with the chat box/languages drop down. That will be corrected once 3.3.6 goes live. I've already been updating things to take into account all the updates to CoreRPG and the 5E ruleset (where necessary).

For now my only recommendation is to not use the language chat until the 3.3.6 release is pushed out. Apologies for the delay. I've just already dug to deep into updates to go back.
    ---

Been a bit quiet on the update front as I wait for 3.3.6 to go live and push out the new updates. I have been working on something that I've had my mind on a bit for a while. Damage absorb for specific damage types. I've been able to create an effect type "DA:# dmgtype" and it's worked out pretty well. I've also added a trick to allow it to work for things like the Armor spell where the spell takes X damage (not absorbed) and expires the effect once X has been taken.

Here is an example of what say protection from fire (cleric) spell would look like.

"DA: 24 fire"

This will absorb 24 damage of fire and then expire. As you take damage you'll notice the "24" number will be adjusted for the amount of damage taken.

And here is what Armor spell for a level 2 wizard would look like. Base armor class 6 and the Armor spell expires after you take 10 total damage.

"BAC: 6;DA 10 none"

When the character has taken 10 damage of any type (not absorbed thanks to "none" dmgtype) the effect will be removed.

Updating advancement:
    * Profs applied to characters leveling to properly deal with multiclass characters. There is now a initial profs field and "rate" of additional. When leveling the best rate is determined for multiclass (others get the listed).
    * Leveling for arcane/divine levels so classes like paladins/rangers get properly assigned levels.

Some tweaks to attack output to make DOE triggers a bit more interesting.

Constitution bonuses applied as a modifier to health. So now you can adjust con scores and the players health will adjust immediately. This did require moving "base,mods/etc" to health to the "Combat" section (see it's details).

Several of other things and lots of backporting to keep up with current 3.3.6 updates. This includes the new NPC id/non-id names which continues to work with the DM only (STRING HERE) fields in names as well.

So a couple days after 3.3.6 hits I'll be posting the update.
    ---

Thread Information