5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 70 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    So since I'm kinda waiting on 3.3.2 to go live to make release I've been tinkering with the layout/charsheet look. Trying to go for a "old school" feel.

Here is my first pass so far. Still need to rework the abilities/saves/other titles but am I going in the right direction?
    For those that used and like the old golden rod sheets this is a step in the right direction.

I, actually, didn't much care for them.

A cool mod would be to allow people to select the sheets they want to use within the game... especially since there were so many different ones used in the classic game so people probably have different ideas about what "old skool" actually looks like.

I used Armory sheets for my 1st Edition games then switched over to the Official TSR Sheets for 2nd Edition. The Armory was a regional gaming/miniature distribution warehouse in Baltimore, so that may be why I cut my teeth on them. Gotta love that dot-matrix technology!

EDIT: Found a link to an old Armory catalog... I remember looking through this catalog when it first came out... and perusing the warehouse for stuff that stores just didn't carry. Warning, there are some risque illustrations in that catalog... classic rpg pr0n.
    Last edited by Full Bleed; August 16th, 2017 at 03:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    ? Is it possible to have multiple color backgrounds for the character sheets Aside from the old yellow ones. I also remember the permanent charter record sheets that were white and had a green adventure ones in 1st edition.

Note the yellow ones I had were darker yellow and when I got another pack of sheet a few years latter the sheets were much lighter yellow.

Really like the look of the sheet you did.
    It should be easy for someone to create an extension for it after I've finalized the look. All they'd need to do is tweak the frame images to the color you're talking about. I only ever saw/used the Goldenrod gold style sheets.

One of the folks I work with is working on an extension to keep the "older" style other than layout (5e background/sheets).

Here is what I've landed on for now. I'll see how my group finds it and maybe tweak but I think I've got a feel there and compressed the size down as best I could.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update 2017.08.20, see first post for download.

• Table text import option added. (from Tables record list, click the edit pen and you'll see the new import button). From here you can paste in text. Each line will be a entry in a table. This is great for those long tables that just need dice rolled. I used this to import 100 tables for random monster encounters.
    • Started prepping for 3.3.2, Easy display buttons on records list will include the Skills (ability/stat), Spells (sphere/school/type), NPCs (HD,Type/etc) and Armor/Weapon buttons on items for a nice list. These buttons are in for the DM (not PC, waiting for 3.3.2), don't expect them to work till 3.3.2 goes live or if you load the test FG version.
    • Items now have effects when equipped. This will be applied to the npc/pc that has this item equipped when placed into the combat tracker.
    • NPCs now have an "effect" string that will be applied to them when dropped into the combat tracker. All you need to do now is know the string, not arcane action text Tho effects strings are nothing to scoff at. Someday I play to menuize it.
    • Changed the RIP/Death icons to use different method of calculating health, works better. No one will notice but me.
    • Trimmed out some 5e fields from npcs no longer needed.
    • Tossed out persistent effects and started over. Used the CoreRPG/5e effects as best I can (I will backport more/all when 3.3.2 goes live) so that they work like the current CoreRPG/5e ruleset. This means that the npc/pc needs to be in the Combat tracker to have these effects. Specifically I am referring to items giving effects when equipped.
    • Big revamp on character sheet layout/visual. Has a old school feel/look of the Goldenrod Character sheets.
    • Added radial menu to CT for removing all dead NPCs.
    • Reworked abilityscore and save details windows. Due to the revamp of effects I didn't need about 3 values on each line.
    • BSTR, BDEX, BCON, BINT, BWIS, BCHA, PSTR, BPSTR added to effects. These are BASE(STAT), PERCENT(STAT) and BASE-PERCENT(STAT). So you can set 18 for str not just +X strength. When these are applied (can only work on something in combat tracker) the ACTUAL ability will appear in (XX) beneath the adjusted score.
    • BAC effect string added, this will allow you to set the BASE AC. If it's lower than whatever the character is wearing it will be used. Useful for effects like Armor that gives the wizard a base AC6.
    • Added random values to Effect durations. If you need a duration of 1d12 turns you can now just add the dice roll (and/or a modifier). If just modifier only that value will be used. So, static or random.
    • Fixed bug in "hit" target message. Was missing dex AC adjustment in value hit but not value reported hit. Some of the "hit" messages were incorrect but the AC hit value was right.

Still have some features waiting on 3.3.2 but I everything is working so posting this version.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Here is the new class record. Should give us everything we need for AD&D classes.

---

Quote Originally Posted by grakus View Post
    I have already started it as a "extension" but wanted to make sure I wasn't totally off on what would probably be the best way . Adding it as a race or class wouldn't work out too well as each race and class can be played as "normal" without all the special stuff from being a regent or blooded. I was thinking of maybe repurposing the "FEATS" tab, making a new tab, or I could simply hand jam them in as "spells" and "skills". The spells method would be easiest to implement for the blood powers while adding all the domain "actions" to the skills would likewise be straight forward. It's just not as "clean" or user friendly for the players to be able to keep them separate from their "normal" spells/skills. It would also be much harder for me as the DM to keep track of them all and use them too since I would have to keep going through the spells and skills lists if looking for them.

I think I will go with the spell/skill option for now just to get some more practice with how the FG interfaces and such work and interact. I can make it "look pretty" as time permits later. From what I have seen on your "TODO" list, you totally know how that goes...the work is never done as more ideas are spawned from completed work or work still in progress

BTW, I own the old school "AD&D Core Rules" and "Expansion" disks but I cannot get your perl script to work for importing the books...it keeps failing with:
    >C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl c:/WebHelp/PHB phb
    Reference found where even-sized list expected at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 15.
    Reference found where even-sized list expected at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 16.
    Reference found where even-sized list expected at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 17.
    -------------> c:/WebHelp/PHB and phb.xml
    Files:
    opening c:/WebHelp/PHB/.
    Could not open file 'c:/WebHelp/PHB/.' Permission denied at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 56.

And yes I tried in an "Administrator" console too and get the same error. This is on windows 10 x64 using strawberry Perl with all modules you said to include off of your GitHub.

Grakus
    Did you ever get this issue resloved? I'm having the same exact problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediclint View Post
    Did you ever get this issue resloved? I'm having the same exact problem.
    Unfortunately I don't run perl from Windows (I use linux) but if you can catch me in discord like Grakus did we can perhaps work through it as we did for him.

Just look for Celestian on the FG official discord.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Unfortunately I don't run perl from Windows (I use linux) but if you can catch me in discord like Grakus did we can perhaps work through it as we did for him.

Just look for Celestian on the FG official discord.
    I sorted it out, I had to remove "or die" and what followed for the "open" function and it ran fine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediclint View Post
    I sorted it out, I had to remove "or die" and what followed for the "open" function and it ran fine after that.
    Awesome, glad to hear it!
    ---

Update, version 2017.09.03
    • Advancement configuration for classes. This option under the Class record allows the DM to configure hp advancement, spell slots, saves, weapon/non-weapon prof slots. Drag/drop a class from Class with fully configured advancement and the character should have hp,saves, thaco and other values updated as they level.
    • Advancement system allowed me to also properly calculate hp for single, multi and dual class now. To properly manage it for dual class you need to unmark a class active before you add a new class that will be the new main (uncheck the tick in class for the character for all classes no longer active).
    • Combat Tracker: When initiative for npc is active the "combat"(sword) option will be toggled on tho you can still toggle it off. When the npc no longer has initiative it will be toggled off.
    • Fixed bug in memcount not showing properly in newly drag/dropped spell in the "action" mode.
    • Fixed bug with magic +X items and !magic resist/immune damage types.
    • Fixed bug with item ID caused by items with action/weapons. Should go back to not showing ID'd name if not ID'd.
    • Fixed bug that was not apply effects to npcs using the original 5e string recognition. It and the new effects variable should both work now, use whichever you like.

With the new advancement configuration I added a sample module to the list that includes 4 classes from the OSRIC document. Fighter/Cleric/Thief/Magic-User. See the first post for the download link.
    Last edited by celestian; September 3rd, 2017 at 21:48.
    ---

Note: Still need 3.3.2 to go live for the buttons on npc/spells/skills/etc to work so until that they will not show up for PCs and only the DM will see them (they won't work for DMs either yet!).

Last edited by celestian; September 9th, 2017 at 20:26.
    ---

Thread Information