5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 41 of 70 First ... 31394041424351 ... Last
    Having a problem with the following effect:

I've made sure that the TYPE is ogre

With my dwarf AC: 5 and the ogre THAC0 17 (hits on a 12 or better). The ogre should have a -4 to hit (hits on a 16 or better)

It's just not happening. I've changed the syntax of the effect in a bunch of ways but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I've also tried dragging the effect from the dwarf to the ogre with no luck.

Anyone care to comment?

edit: still learning on how to post images. I've search the forum and found Trenloe's advice. I promise to do better
    edit: woohoo! image insert a victory!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rook; October 7th, 2018 at 16:05. Reason: screw-up

This should not look like this in the CT:

The string should look like: IFT: TYPE(ogre); DMG: 3 or IFT: TYPE(ogre); AC: 4

That's what it looks like when you look from the listing of effects applied from Advanced Effects. The actual effect string is:

Which will end up like this in combat.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Actually, I found another bug (thanks to you!). I'm just about to fly off for work but grab the attached AD&D Core.pak on this post and it should work for you with what you're trying to do (IFT: TYPE(ogre); AC: 4). If you don't find any problems I'll make it the production version when I get back end of week.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by celestian; October 7th, 2018 at 18:54.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I've copied per your post

IFT: TYPE(ogre); AC: 4

and pasted

still no luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

That did it celestian.

Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    That did it celestian.

Thanks buddy!
    Little things I tweak tend to have deeper effects. All of this stuff I tested before hand and it worked and then later I change some innocuous little bit and the dominoes fall!

Thanks for helping me find these issues and getm fixed.
    ---

Hi, ruleset seems like really solid work. I'm throwing together a campaign server to play around with but was wondering if there is a way to get the GAP theme and the 14 point clear font extension to work with this? They work with the basic 5E setup but don't seem to work with this. Those two extensions would make an already great setup so much easier on my elder eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi, ruleset seems like really solid work. I'm throwing together a campaign server to play around with but was wondering if there is a way to get the GAP theme and the 14 point clear font extension to work with this? They work with the basic 5E setup but don't seem to work with this. Those two extensions would make an already great setup so much easier on my elder eyes.
    Not familiar with either one of those. If you can send me the links I'll look at them. Theme might not work because it has a ruleset type set in it.
    ---

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

The font is at https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forum...font-extension

The theme is at https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Theme-FG-GAP

Also, at the bottom of post #3 of the forum I see that there is a pulldown listed as 2e classes with all the core classes. In the campaign I have setup right now it's just the big 4 (cleric, fighter, magic-user and thief). Is there some extra step that I need to do to get the full class list and the 2nd edition pulldown?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the reply.

The font is at https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forum...font-extension

The theme is at https://svn.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Theme-FG-GAP

Also, at the bottom of post #3 of the forum I see that there is a pulldown listed as 2e classes with all the core classes. In the campaign I have setup right now it's just the big 4 (cleric, fighter, magic-user and thief). Is there some extra step that I need to do to get the full class list and the 2nd edition pulldown?
    I couldn't find the download link for "gap" in that post.

The 14 point font extension works fine for me it seems. What is the problem?

Keep in mind, extensions are written for "rulesets" and these are for 5e so they might or might not work and I can't "fix" them to work.

As to the classes listed in my SS's, that is my content I built from the 2e products. If I could release them I would but that'd isn't legal ;( The best bet on that is to email wotc and FG/Smiteworks and ask them to license AD&D products so I can put them up For now you have to create those classes yourself unfortunately.
    ---

Thread Information