5E Character Create Playlist
Page 37 of 70 First ... 27353637383947 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jab112 View Post
    celestian, I'm having trouble with languages not filling in when I drop a race from the race tab to the pc sheet.
    Can you explain what you're expecting to happen? I'm not sure I've touched automation related to languages and races.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'm trying to drop a link for a race on the pc sheet. Just languages are not showing up. in the chat box I see trait "added to" instead of trait language "added to". all ether trait drop right in.

Quote Originally Posted by jab112 View Post
    I'm trying to drop a link for a race on the pc sheet. Just languages are not showing up. in the chat box I see trait "added to" instead of trait language "added to". all ether trait drop right in.
    I'm still a little confused. How are you expecting to add a language? I don't have any specific trait filters that pickup if you want to add an actual language on the character sheet. There might be some code left over from the original base that does that. So you'll need to either show me SS of the trait and language and what you're expecting to happen.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    There might be some code left over from the original base that does that.
    Look at the 5E campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua - starting line 1318. If a trait is called "languages" it looks for specific wording to add languages automatically.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I confess I would not be sad to see in Fantasy Grounds a very special edition of AD&D with modules of the player's books, master and monsters ... something special made for fans, because the material produced by Celestian is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Look at the 5E campaign\scripts\manager_char.lua - starting line 1318. If a trait is called "languages" it looks for specific wording to add languages automatically.
    Aye, I've tweaked it to work for movebase(speed for 5e) and a couple other things. I just am not sure how he's trying to add it. I don't use that method to add languages (you must train in 2e) so I'd like to know the format he's using and how it's expected to work.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I confess I would not be sad to see in Fantasy Grounds a very special edition of AD&D with modules of the player's books, master and monsters ... something special made for fans, because the material produced by Celestian is beautiful!
    I'd love to see it happen as much as you would. Drop WoTC a tweet and/or email that you'd like to see FG be able to license AD&D.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    like to see FG be able to license AD&D.
    They can't afford competition with a better game than 5e.

I think it would be something that would appeal to those who lived through this era, but with the automation facilities that Fantasy Grounds offers and I think it would attract the curiosity of many who are new to our wonderful world but who have heard a lot of not just AD & D but many other systems.
    As for sending tweeter or email I would do it with the greatest pleasure, because my desire is to see my hobbie grow, be diffused, be with old and good memories, or explore the new ... anyway possibilities, opportunities ... to dream that something that looks crazy can someday come true ...

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I'm recreating all the 2nd Edition Dark Sun material with AD&D Core at the moment - all WotC would have to do is give Celestian's ruleset official approval and they could have a complete campaign setting + adventures ready to sell alongside it.

Hi Celestian,

I've built my reference 2e Players Handbook using the author extention.

I am only capable of open one story record at a time. For example - say that I have a record open that shows rolling system - and then I then I decide that I want to view (at the same time) a record showing ability scores. As soon as I click my second record the ruleset closes my first record.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rook

Thread Information