Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 70 First ... 456781656 ... Last
    I certainly will. My discord ID is the same as my username here as well. I will drop you a line sometime to chat. I am sure there are a million things that I don't know about, but I am trying to learn them. I already have the client up and running, but need to figure out how to populate stuff quicker.

It's a good ruleset and it does a good job of allowing you to play 2e on FG.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Celestian, I wonder if would be possible to put a box for the surprise roll on the character sheet front page?
    Thank you very much for your attention
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Quote Originally Posted by Asterionaisien View Post
    Celestian, I wonder if would be possible to put a box for the surprise roll on the character sheet front page?
    Thank you very much for your attention
    Added to the TODO list! Not sure when I'll be able to get to it but it's a simple thing so shouldn't be to long. Where to put it will probably cause me the most issues

this brings me back. I loved me some good Ole' fashioned 1st ed. My dnd roots.

So, this is a big update.

I've not updated the download link on the first post because I want to have the srd creature mod updated before I do. I'll do that sometime this upcoming week.

This version update adds a lot of features I suspect many DMs will enjoy.

• First, it allows you to add cast/damage/heal/effect to spells. These items will be included when you drag/drop a spell.
    • Second, NPCs now have a actions tab much like PCs have. You can now drag and drop spells into the NPCs weapon/power sections to give them those abilities. You can also drag Items from the item catalog to the NPCs weapon section to give them that attack.
    • Third, Actions from the new Weapon/Power tab will now show up in the combat tracker.
    • Finally because of the drag/drop additions you can drag a spell from PC to PC, PC to NPC, NPC to PC or PC/NPC to the Spell catalog (maybe your player created a spell you want to add to the catalog).

Download this version (2017.06.30)

Why did I do this and not use the 5e ruleset auto-recognition? As most of the AD&D fans know, the content we use is wildly different. We can't depend on text recognition to drag/drop a creature and it pickup all the changes. Same goes for spells. This way we get a convenient interface to add those specifics and they be used anytime you drag/drop them in their respective locations. The same interface we use for PCs actions which I really was a fan of using. In the end this should allow DMs to drag/drop a NPC and have it's actions/powers and spells with all the associated attack/damage, cast/dmg/heal/effects be in place in the combat tracker. For me this was the biggest thing I struggled with before this change.

Here is an example of how those changes look in the user interface. I've highlighted the changes/new sections with the red boxes.

Last edited by celestian; July 1st, 2017 at 01:06.

I've updated the monster module that includes the updated actions for the current version of the ruleset.

HERE (actions version)<<

Keep in mind these actions added were parsed so that I did not have to manually create these for every creature. Spells/powers it also guessed at based on description of the creature. You will want to fine tune the more complex creatures most certainly.

Ruleset version updated 2017.07.03<-DOWNLOAD

Added
    • Inventory carried encumbrance added. Character's movebase will be adjusted as they overload themselves.
    • Layout tweaks to actions weapon/powers and functionality improvements.

I plan to add weight reduction container code in future but for now I just have players marked items in said containers as "stored" not carried.

Here is an example of what it looks like. I've given the character a 99 pound rock.

Last edited by celestian; July 3rd, 2017 at 21:45.

Greetings Celestian,

I just picked up FG Ultimate to start getting an online game of ADnD 2e going with some friend who are spread around the US. We were wanting to use the Birthright campaign setting which is based on ADnD 2e and when I compared your version against the other ADnD ruleset on the forum, yours is way ahead. Keep up the good work!

What I would like your opinion on is if I should make an extension to your ruleset for the Birthright setting or if I should make it its own ruleset? I would like it to be based on your ruleset since that would prevent me from having to recreate any wheels you have done now and in the future, but I need to be able to add in a significant amount of content that is specific to the Birthright setting. If you have never heard of it, a quick summery is that PCs can have their own realms which adds in a whole separate level of skills/powers/actions and they can also have "blood" powers which act like innate spells depending on what deity and strength they have in their blood-points. I am thinking from what I have read so far looking through the programming guides that I should make it an "Extension" to your ruleset and make sure that all the "specialty" stuff is in its own window/tabs that I create so as not to potentially cause issues when/as you update your ruleset.

Any words of wisdom or advise on my idea would be greatly appreciated.

Grakus

Quote Originally Posted by grakus View Post
    Greetings Celestian,

I just picked up FG Ultimate to start getting an online game of ADnD 2e going with some friend who are spread around the US. We were wanting to use the Birthright campaign setting which is based on ADnD 2e and when I compared your version against the other ADnD ruleset on the forum, yours is way ahead. Keep up the good work!

What I would like your opinion on is if I should make an extension to your ruleset for the Birthright setting or if I should make it its own ruleset? I would like it to be based on your ruleset since that would prevent me from having to recreate any wheels you have done now and in the future, but I need to be able to add in a significant amount of content that is specific to the Birthright setting. If you have never heard of it, a quick summery is that PCs can have their own realms which adds in a whole separate level of skills/powers/actions and they can also have "blood" powers which act like innate spells depending on what deity and strength they have in their blood-points. I am thinking from what I have read so far looking through the programming guides that I should make it an "Extension" to your ruleset and make sure that all the "specialty" stuff is in its own window/tabs that I create so as not to potentially cause issues when/as you update your ruleset.

Any words of wisdom or advise on my idea would be greatly appreciated.

Grakus
    You might could make it part of the race and/or class and when they drag/drop that race or class it includes the abilities as powers? I'm not terribly familiar with BR (tho I do have the boxed sets and a few modules). I can't think it's "that" much different than standard AD&D so my first blush response would be to make an extension (assuming you can't make it work with the features in already).

It sounds like it might be somewhat like the specialty priests with granted powers?

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You might could make it part of the race and/or class and when they drag/drop that race or class it includes the abilities as powers? I'm not terribly familiar with BR (tho I do have the boxed sets and a few modules). I can't think it's "that" much different than standard AD&D so my first blush response would be to make an extension (assuming you can't make it work with the features in already).

It sounds like it might be somewhat like the specialty priests with granted powers?
    I have already started it as a "extension" but wanted to make sure I wasn't totally off on what would probably be the best way . Adding it as a race or class wouldn't work out too well as each race and class can be played as "normal" without all the special stuff from being a regent or blooded. I was thinking of maybe repurposing the "FEATS" tab, making a new tab, or I could simply hand jam them in as "spells" and "skills". The spells method would be easiest to implement for the blood powers while adding all the domain "actions" to the skills would likewise be straight forward. It's just not as "clean" or user friendly for the players to be able to keep them separate from their "normal" spells/skills. It would also be much harder for me as the DM to keep track of them all and use them too since I would have to keep going through the spells and skills lists if looking for them.

I think I will go with the spell/skill option for now just to get some more practice with how the FG interfaces and such work and interact. I can make it "look pretty" as time permits later. From what I have seen on your "TODO" list, you totally know how that goes...the work is never done as more ideas are spawned from completed work or work still in progress

BTW, I own the old school "AD&D Core Rules" and "Expansion" disks but I cannot get your perl script to work for importing the books...it keeps failing with:
    >C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl c:/WebHelp/PHB phb
    Reference found where even-sized list expected at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 15.
    Reference found where even-sized list expected at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 16.
    Reference found where even-sized list expected at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 17.
    -------------> c:/WebHelp/PHB and phb.xml
    Files:
    opening c:/WebHelp/PHB/.
    Could not open file 'c:/WebHelp/PHB/.' Permission denied at C:\WebHelp\corebook-html.pl line 56.

And yes I tried in an "Administrator" console too and get the same error. This is on windows 10 x64 using strawberry Perl with all modules you said to include off of your GitHub.

Grakus

Thread Information