STAR TREK 2d20
Page 31 of 70 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    Update 2018.04.03:
    • Bugfix: non-magic item attacks missing fixed. This was a self inflicted wound. When I fixed the "magic items" doing this I broke non-magic. My-bad for not testing previously working section I tweaked for other things.
    • NPC import updated to support AD&D 1e, 2e and S&W better. Tried to make it so not only would it import OSRIC but AD&D a bit better along with S&W.
    • Spells import updated for better imports from OSRIC and S&W. Tweaked the import code to handle some of the differences between these two so that S&W could also be imported.
    • Context highlighting of imported descriptions updated. Underline and BOLD certain text phrases to try and make important details of spells and npc descriptions be more visible for those you imported.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

OGL compliant OSRIC 2.2 Spells... all of em =P

Had to take a break and actually go to some of these "jerb" interviews... cause "they took muh jerb!!!" lol... landed one and GTG now =P
    Attached Files Attached Files

Updated Races module, got some feedback on how to better apply the stat bonuses via Racial Traits vs Adv Effects

Great work for the community jfos and cheers on the new day jerb!
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Great work for the community jfos and cheers on the new day jerb!
    Thanks!... Heres the Normal Items and Gear for OSRIC 2.2... Its 100% manual entry, so Im betting there are some typos and spelling errors.. let me know, thanks!

EDITED: The way OSRIC lays out its magic items for the most part really needs to be DM specific, there are just too many variables to bother with creating a module to templatize it. So, I shall make my magic items as I go, they are rare in my worlds anyways, so it wont infringe on what Im doing atm... cause I'm a stingy DM =p

Celestian, thank you so much for providing the frame work for me to riff off of, was a good time.... now off to create a world I can share... for fun.. cause you know... why not =P

Any feedback on current modules is appreciated from anyone, thanks!
    Last edited by jfos; April 13th, 2018 at 03:02.

The way I did magic items was to just make them all. Where I couldn't come up with FG/Ruleset specific features for it I just put the descriptions in. So, with the potions some would have a duration and an effect, some would just have a duration effect. Potion of healing, xtra-healing and keohtems ointment all just have a power that heals for the listed effects. Waterbreathing would just be a duration effect with "Waterbreathing". Ring of invisibility, maybe put the power with effect of "Invisible" but for things like intelligent weapons with special purposes and all that... that's a DM specific thing I'd leave and let that DM make it. You won't get everything but it's possible to get the bulk of it at least.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    The way I did magic items was to just make them all. Where I couldn't come up with FG/Ruleset specific features for it I just put the descriptions in. So, with the potions some would have a duration and an effect, some would just have a duration effect. Potion of healing, xtra-healing and keohtems ointment all just have a power that heals for the listed effects. Waterbreathing would just be a duration effect with "Waterbreathing". Ring of invisibility, maybe put the power with effect of "Invisible" but for things like intelligent weapons with special purposes and all that... that's a DM specific thing I'd leave and let that DM make it. You won't get everything but it's possible to get the bulk of it at least.
    Thats sorta kinda where I landed, the majority is so (make a sword +1 by copying regular sword and adding + 1 to hit and dmg), I thought fak eeet, but I'm also off in my own lil' playground I've made atm, indulging my imagination and I'm sure once the "new wears off" Ill return to the magic item module, but its most likely gonna be named stuff I want, beyond the "long sword +1". I wont be mad if anyone imports/exports and changes or keeps the names, to me its not about that. Me, you, everyone, now has a ruleset and extensions provided by you for 1e or 2e and the 1e stuff has the OSRIC necessities for anyone to "roll their own universe/multiverse", provided by me .... which is where Im off playing now, making a new world with its own mythos (wth is the plural of mythos anyhoo?), maps, stories, etc etc wheeeeee ... buh muh self... cause, the wife, she likes Greys Anatomy... blood ... organs... yak... LOL... no one rolled a skill check on that guy in the hall dying.. wth... =P

Whats a good map creation software, that lets me share my work? I can pay, I suck at photoshop... well will be able to in a few weeks LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jfos View Post
    buh muh self... cause, the wife, she likes Greys Anatomy... blood ... organs... yak... LOL... no one rolled a skill check on that guy in the hall dying.. wth... =P
    ER wasn't to bad. I couldn't handle Grey's Anatomy. To sopa-opera for me.

Whats a good map creation software, that lets me share my work? I can pay, I suck at photoshop... well will be able to in a few weeks LOL
    There are some less expensive ones like Dungeon Painter Studio (about 15 bucks on Steam?). Works great for smaller maps (about the size that FG can handle and not cause clients to crash).

I like Campaign Cartographer but it's got one hella learning curve and might be pricey. I've been using it since the 90s and still have to go "google" how to do things often. It can do any size and type of map.

Paint mappers tend to be easier to use... if Dunjinni wasn't out of date and barely supported I'd recommend it. It was a great map tool but so old now and no real updates in years.
    ---

T...making a new world with its own mythos (wth is the plural of mythos anyhoo?), ...
    Mythoi?

OK... I made that up...

Dunno if I showed this before but this is what I meant by initiative indicator. When the player rolls the indicator is removed.

https://i.imgur.com/YrFxZ6L.gifv
    ---

Thread Information