5E Character Create Playlist
Page 17 of 70 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Noticed that when a character has dual classes when I apply XP and only one of the two classes are checked it still halves the XP given out. It should give full xp to the new classes since it replaces the old one. The extra half xp is "lost"
    Found and fixed. I'm trying to correct the spell interruption issue before release. I think it's a deeper issue than my code so if I can't come up with a solution for that before weekend I'll push this rev out with the dual class fix.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Update 2017.12.12:

Added campaign setting to allow pcs to edit item effects.
    THACO on front page can be rolled for basic attack.
    Added description of item to powers when item has a power.
    Bugfix Dual class exp, Concentration/Interruption for spells.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'm a very new users to FG and specifically because of celestian's AD&D Core Ruleset - so thank you! I've also used the core importers to do a bit of mass import from the ADD2e core rules CDs. So double thanks for that.

As a background, I'm trying to use FG more as a campaign manager and less as a VTT. I've got a couple of questions...

SRD material

Why are there NPC categories for "SRD" and "AD&D Core SRD: Monsters" with virtually identical items?

Tokens/pins

I love being able to dump pins onto maps/images, but the limitation of red/green pins is pretty underwhelming.

I created a 64x64 png token and copied it to "shared" in the tokens folder, then dragging the token image to an NPC I made. This all works as expected.

I then drag the NPC token onto the map.

I expected that double clicking the token would bring up the page for the NPC (just as adding the NPC as a pin does), but instead it brings up an error "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:964: copyNode: Destination node can not be the same as or a child of the source node"

Same thing happens if I used the supplied "letter" tokens instead.

Is this a bug?

It'd be (IMO) ideal if the tokens could be used to invoke the NPC pages that they are linked to.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums. I can help with one or two of your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ollster View Post
    Tokens/pins

I love being able to dump pins onto maps/images, but the limitation of red/green pins is pretty underwhelming.
    Red is normal, green means it is shared with the players. This is all that FG is capable of at the moment. You can vote on a couple of pin enhancement ideas on the Wishlist.

I created a 64x64 png token and copied it to "shared" in the tokens folder, then dragging the token image to an NPC I made. This all works as expected.

I expected that double clicking the token would bring up the page for the NPC (just as adding the NPC as a pin does), but instead it brings up an error "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:964: copyNode: Destination node can not be the same as or a child of the source node"

Is this a bug?

It'd be (IMO) ideal if the tokens could be used to invoke the NPC pages that they are linked to.

Nope, tokens are not the parent object. They do not contain links to the NPC. The NPC contains links to the token and it is not bi-directional.

Golden rule of FG; for any NPC, always drag the NPC to the Combat Tracker or Encounter first. Then place the NPC toekn on the map from the CT or the Encounter, never from the token bag.

The only time you drag a token from the bag to the map is for non-combat decorations such as effects, and dungeon dressing (furniture, etc)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you add the NPC to the Combat Tracker (CT), then drag the token from said NPC in the CT to the map, then double-clicking on the token on the map will open the NPC CT record.

As mentioned by LordEntrails there is no link from a token added to the map outside of the CT.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Why are there NPC categories for "SRD" and "AD&D Core SRD: Monsters" with virtually identical items?

Is this a bug?

RE: SRD, I put the npcs in a Catagory called "SRD" before exporting. Then the module has a catagory called "AD&D Core: SRD". They should be exactly the same and I suppose I could remove the "SRD" version it was just easier for me at the time when shuffling npcs around.

That could be my fault (NPC Token error).

Like you just said it would make sense if the tokens were on the map and you just double clicked to load them. I performed a lot of experimentation to try and make it do just that. However since exporting ignores tokens on a map it became an issue of FG just won't support it so I took out the code I was working on but apparently I left a few dangling bits that caused your error. I'll remove it for next rev.

The only way to make it so you can click on a token and see the NPC is have them in the combat tracker also...

So, if the npc is in the CT and you've also got it on the map you should be able to click it and see the npc sheet.

For now, you'll have to get used to using the "Encounters" to place npcs on the map.
    Last edited by celestian; December 15th, 2017 at 21:47.
    ---

Hey there, when you post updates on the front page (e.g., the Dec 12th update), is it just the Core.pak file unless otherwise noted or are all of them all updated at the same time?

Happy Holidays and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Hey there, when you post updates on the front page (e.g., the Dec 12th update), is it just the Core.pak file unless otherwise noted or are all of them all updated at the same time?

Happy Holidays and thanks
    Just "AD&D Core.pak" unless otherwise noted.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    RE: SRD, I put the npcs in a Catagory called "SRD" before exporting. Then the module has a catagory called "AD&D Core: SRD". They should be exactly the same and I suppose I could remove the "SRD" version it was just easier for me at the time when shuffling npcs around.
    Thanks for the explanation. They are pretty much identical, except the "AD&D Core SRD: Monsters" category items are frequently (all?) missing their Special Defence, Special Attack, and Magic Resist information. There's just a "1".

OK - I understand now that I can't just drag straight to the maps with anything I want. I wasn't really aiming to use the combat tracker, but I can see given the assumption that FG be used as a VTT that most people would want this! I've also upvoted the pin enhancements feature request.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Thanks for the explanation. They are pretty much identical, except the "AD&D Core SRD: Monsters" category items are frequently (all?) missing their Special Defence, Special Attack, and Magic Resist information. There's just a "1".
    Odd, they should be exactly the same. It's just a category. Are you sure you're not loading 2 modules with different names? I very well could of had 2 different modules. I do recall fixing the SD/SA stuff at one point. I'll load it up as a module later tonight and see if I see the same thing.
    ---

Thread Information