Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    169.254.x.x addresses are assigned by Windows when no DHCP address is found.
    You will either need a router (or other DHCP server) to assign addresses or manualy assign addresses for the session:

GM: 192.168.99.1
    Players: 192.168.99.2, 192.168.99.3 etc

I am the one connecting to my own session. No one else is connecting to the session. I use it as an aid for live table top games. I am connecting two of my own computers in my own home. So I have my DM laptop where I run FG as my campaign organiser and display maps which I share on my player computer which is connected to a large flat screen tv so players can see the map without being able to see my campaign notes etc. and I can use the mask to hide areas they have not yet explored etc.

I removed the VPN and rebooted the computer and removed the VPN extension from my chrome browser.

I did set up a static IP address and attempted to connect using the static IP address (for which I also opened port 1802) on the other compute but it also failed.

In network connections > adapter settings there are a lot of ethernet connections. Like ... a lot. 15 in total. I mentioned this to my service provider operator when I explained the problem and sought assistance but she didn't seem to consider it to be related. However I don't use a wire to connect to the internet, I use wi fi exclusively. Then apart from that I have a single wifi connection and a bluetooth connection. I'll try that and get back to you as to whther it changed anything.

Ok, good news. I followed the instructions on this page (which I leave a link for posterity in case anyone else ever runs into the same issue that I have had): https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/...2453da8?auth=1

I removed all of the TAP ethernet connections that appeared from my registry and one instance of a VPN connection that appeared as well. I rebooted my computer and loaded up FG. My Internal IP Address now displays a 192.168.xx.yyy ip address.

So thank you very much to everyone for their replies and especially to you ddavidson for your accurate suggestion. My gut had wondered at all those ethernet connections, but I was put of the scent when the service provider didn't seem to give an importance to it when I made mention of it.

I'm going to try the connection between the two computers now, just to be sure. But I am certain it will be now working correctly.

Thanks again!

Let us know. We've been pulling for you!

Blog Entries
    jbear, can you just run two instances of FG on one computer and hook it up to your display? Then you don't have any networking issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information