5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Fog of War?

OH.. another thing. I could never keep a group together on Roll20. I don't know what it is but for some reason I spent half my life recruiting people to be in my campaign. Maybe I am a sh*tty dm but I haven't ran into that problem on FG.

Must be something in the water I guess....

For those that have not seen it here is the FG unity video that is on youtube. Also, the developers do answer some questions in the forums concerning schedule and pricing and such.

https://youtu.be/qVppbivpWS0
    Last edited by steff; November 8th, 2017 at 02:40.

You can add small areas to the mask by holding Ctrl while drawing (blocks normally, or also in combination with Shift for irregular areas). While the entire mask appears by default, it's a quick draw of a large block from one corner to the opposite corner to remove the entire mask, then you can draw in smaller areas.

Hi everyone, new to the Forums. And to FG!
    I would like to know if there is a way to change the color of the mask... I would like a darker color.

Thanks!

Hi Azlath, welcome to FG.

Try this extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus, I'll try it tonight!

I'll add my 2 cents here as well.

I had a long-term group who met in person for several years. I initially used Maptools on a TV behind me so the players had their battle-map there. (Saved on carting a huge box of miniatures and map tiles.) Maptools maps were dead easy to create - they allow adding pieces similar in nature to map-making software like Tiled and the like. After setting up the map, and placing the NPCs came the FoW masking which I spent nearly as much time on FoW as I did on making the map, placing the traps/NPCs and writing the adventure notes.

Switching to FG was the best decision I've ever made. Seriously, losing FoW just means that I don't make huge maps, but rather I allow the players to make their own, just like in the old days before the map tiles. One of the better tools out there for this is Drawpile (https://drawpile.net/). So the players make the maps, I just have to lay out maps where combat is going to occur and overland maps so they know where they are going. The ability to have the virtual dice, character sheets up and available, notes and the like are what make FG the better VTT in my opinion.

I tried Roll20 a couple of times (my son is a huge supporter of it - me not so much) but the steep curve to knock out a week's adventure just seems like such work and I already own 2 ultimate licenses so...

Thread Information