5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

UK player LFG - willing to try something new

EDIT: Thank you to everyone for the offers. I am fully committed now!

Hey folks

I am Scottish, 50 as of last weekend (though my mind and body seem to disagree on this one), and interested in trying out another ruleset. I have always been faithful to D&D - it was my first love as 1E, we grew through 2E together, then went our separate ways for a couple of decades before falling spectacularly in love again this year in 5E. I have one game going on FG, and I am building my own campaign to DM, but I'd like to get more experience playing as well.

If anyone wants to invite me along for some shenanigans, I'd be very grateful. I'm not a powergamer, and I think I make for a decent groupmate. If 5E is offered, I'd take it, but I'd like to spread a bit to see other systems in play. I am open minded, but will need coached a fair bit in whatever you drag me into. I'm a quick study though!

My timezone is GMT, though we are in what is laughingly called Summer Time (the rain is warmer!) - GMT+1.
    I'd like to play evenings - ideal timing would be 8.30pm to 11.30pm but I can be flexible. Saturdays are already taken, but I could fit in most other nights. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly... I'm easy (as many can attest!)

I'll keep looking on 'LFG' but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a wee message. I've applied for 2 other groups where there wasn't even the courtesy of a response, so an alternative approach was settled upon!

Cheers for reading
    Maasq
    Last edited by Maasq; April 23rd, 2017 at 20:43.
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Hi Maasq. Our gaming times are very similar - I mostly run savage worlds, does that interest you?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Oh man. I would love to have you but the time zones are kicking our butts. I'd have to host (my time) at midnight or 1 am so yeah... Best of luck!

Ravenloft - cheers! Pity

Crazy - I have replied on your thread.

Skellan - I am keen to try out other systems. I know nothing of SW, so yeah - if you are happy with a total virgin (stop that sniggering at the back) I'm up for it!
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    Why did I try to read this with a Scottish accent? ��

Heyy dude, same time zone, same country too. I'm trying to delve into my first time being a DM and was thinking of running Lost Mines of Phandelver. Thing is my schedule is never set but I was wondering if you'd like to join me in helping me with my first time DMing?

-Zeph

Yeah, I'd be up for that if we can work out schedules!
    Have you posted on the game calendar yet, or are you still at the planning stage?
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Yeah, I'd be up for that if we can work out schedules!
    Have you posted on the game calendar yet, or are you still at the planning stage?
    not posted the calendar yet still in the planning stages, and I can do weekdays, got other games on weekends though with work, sometimes I cant do any of the games at all ...

My work usually finishes around 2200 or sometimes later. Are you alright with that?

Probably not, Zeph. I'm up early with the kids and to get to work, so I like to get to bed by half past 12 at the latest. 2 hours a session isn't very flexible, is it? Sorry, pal.
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thread Information