FG Spreadshirt Swag

Attacking areas, several enemies, how to apply different bonuses?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to FG, and still trying to figure out how some stuff works.

Attack rolls
    So let's say my Tiefling Wizard attacks 5 enemies and an ally with his Scorching Burst (area burst 1),
    Enemy A: Bloodied, grants Combat Advantage = +3
    Enemy B: grants Combat Advantage = +2
    Enemy C: Bloodied = +1
    Enemy D: Bloodied = +1
    Enemy E: nothing = +0
    Ally: War Wizardry feat = -5

Can the attack roll (targeting all 6) be prepared in such a way, that FG knows which target to apply which bonus to? (Bloodied +1 to attack roll, because Tiefling racial trait, CA +2 to attack rolls)?
    Or is it better to just target them individually and apply the bonus manually?

What I tried is creating a situational power:
    {Effect Action}
    [TRGT]
    [ALL]
    TRGT; ATK: 1 racial
    [Enc]

(Until the end of the encounter, assuming the enemy doesn't get healed...)

Then I targeted my Wizard and, holding Shift, dragged that Effect Action button onto the enemy, which gave me a +1 bonus. The thing is this seems to work only once. As soon as there are several bloodied enemies, I can't duplicate the effect onto them. If I try to target my Wizard again, and, holding Shift, dragging the effect onto another bloodied enemy, FG tells me that this effect already exists on my wizard. So in FG I can have the racial feature ( +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against bloodied enemies) only against one enemy.

With the target self, hold shift+drag and drop, how can I set up to put it onto several enemies? I can only drop it on one at a time. Or can I manipulate which enemy it applies to manually?

Now onto damage rolls...
    4e rulewise we make individual attack rolls, but only one damage roll. So even plan B to do every damage roll individually wouldn't work here.

Let's say my Wizard gets +4 to damage rolls vs bloodied enemies from Gauntlets of Blood (Hands slot item) and +1d8 against the enemies who grant Combat Advantage.
    How can I set up this damage roll? Or do I just do it normally, roll 1d8 seperately, and have the GM manually correct the enemies HP?

Oh and by the way...
    Testing around, I found that FG seems to think that resistances stack. When I have an enemy with resist 10 fire and resist 5 all, and deal 14 fire dmg to it, no damage gets through, but it should be 4, because only the higher resistance should apply.

Any help would be appreciated!
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

For the Tiefling racial bonus, a simple way to resolve it is to put an effect on the PC that's always on that reads "IFT: Bloodied; ATK: 1". That should apply a +1 bonus to attack if the target of that PC's power is bloodied.

The same conditional IFT: Bloodied can be used to make Gauntlet of Blood or other similar effects work. e.g. "IFT: Bloodied; DMG: 4"

If the enemies are granting CA for just that one attack, then you can put GRANTCA on them for that one attack.

For War Wizardry, I don't know if there's a way to include that automatically. I'm using a character with War Wizard's Expertise, and I just target my allies separately.

Yeah, use effects - various IFT conditional operators on the source, and either normal effects and conditions or custom conditions on the relevant targets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You guys are awesome!

I just tested it and the IFT (I'm guessing it means IF Target) work fantasticly!

I also can work with GRANTCA, I just don't know how to put it on the enemy for just one attack. If I put [ROLL] or [SINGLE] there, it expires before the attack happens, as I attack several targets. If I put it on [ALL], it stays there even after the attack, and it should only grant me CA for this attack. Does the GM have to remove it manually then? Or can I put it somehow the enemy grants only my wizard CA?

What IFT conditional operators are there?
    At some point I get + 1 to attack rolls if my wizard is bloody, and my implement of first strike says I deal +1d8 damage against enemies at full HP, what IFT conditional operators would those have then?

What about: Whenever I take fire damage I deal 2 extra damage? ... Well, this one could just be done by having an effect like DMG: 2 that I apply myself when I take fire damage, but it would be awesome, if I didn't have to remember to do that everytime.

Is there a list of operators anywhere?

...And while at it:
    Is there a way to get an effect on my wizard like "ignores the first 5 points of fire resistance of his targets" ?
    Last edited by Llyle; April 10th, 2017 at 22:18.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Try clicking on the campaign effects button in the upper right corner of the tabletop (running man icon).

Then, click on the help button in the upper right corner of the Effects window. That should take you to the wiki page for 4E effects.

(Or somebody at their machine can post link.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Try clicking on the campaign effects button in the upper right corner of the tabletop (running man icon).

Then, click on the help button in the upper right corner of the Effects window. That should take you to the wiki page for 4E effects.

(Or somebody at their machine can post link.)

Regards,
    JPG

Got it, it's here, thanks
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/4E_Effects
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Thread Information