DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 30 First 123412 ... Last
    OK. This just got stranger. Hey folks. It continues until I end the Discord PTB process in Task Manager. That means it has to be the Discord PTB app, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluepaw View Post
    OK. This just got stranger. Hey folks. It continues until I end the Discord PTB process in Task Manager. That means it has to be the Discord PTB app, right?
    Have you tried canary? I think it's a more current version of the next rev?

https://discordapp.com/api/download/canary?platform=win

I tried it during my quality testing and it worked fine. Well, it worked but it didn't resolve my quality of sound issues
    Last edited by celestian; April 20th, 2017 at 02:30.

Great. I'll test it and report back.

Same issue. I think it likely is the VAC. I'll deinstall and reinstall tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluepaw View Post
    Same issue. I think it likely is the VAC. I'll deinstall and reinstall tomorrow.
    Have you tried this one?

https://vbaudio.jcedeveloppement.com...ver_Pack43.zip

I used it for a long time and I never got the "trial" message tho not to say they didn't add it I guess. I actually spent the 5-6 bucks and got the donation for the 2 cables here:
    https://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

Damned was dead on right. It was the VAC. Thanks to everyone for the help!

The music and effects sounds like garbage to me. But I'll be playing tomorrow night in my campaign. I'll report back on what they hear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocSmurf View Post
    I'm using 3 instances of Discord, one for voice, one for music and one for Syrinscape. I know when I'm listening to music and sound through the Discord channel, it sounds like garbage, BUT when I asked my players about the audio quality they all said it's good. It made me wonder if Im not getting good stream quality because Im the host? Do some testing with players in the Discord channel and ask them what they think.
    I have the opposite problem. I am running it the way Doug's tutorial is running. The sound fx in Syrinscape sound good but music sounds tinny and distorted. I like the connection in Fantasy Grounds ... we played with it the first time last night and it was well received. May give Ron's version another try. The Discord PTB seemed to give me trouble. Might actually separate the music from another machine if all else fails.

Blog Entries
    Fwiw, I run the Voicemeter virtual cable software and a single instance of Discord and it works great. I followed instructions I found through DuluxOz's article. This is independent of sound source - works with Syrinscape, Tabletop audio, YouTube, etc.

Not very helpful other than to say I know it can be done without extra channels, bots, etc.
    Ultimate License
    Time Zone: MST (GMT-7)

Quote Originally Posted by Answulf View Post
    Fwiw, I run the Voicemeter virtual cable software and a single instance of Discord and it works great. I followed instructions I found through DuluxOz's article. This is independent of sound source - works with Syrinscape, Tabletop audio, YouTube, etc.

Not very helpful other than to say I know it can be done without extra channels, bots, etc.
    This was my first method (before I knew you could have multiple copies of discord running) of doing things ... just use voicemeeter and virtual cables. I would then send output from a sound source (VLC) to discord. My problem is it still sounds really crappy no matter what I do. Locally (desktop/headphones/etc) it sounds great but if I listen as a discord user (second pc) it sounds really horrid.

I'd be interested in listening to someone's game that does this (or any setup that plays across discord) and plays background mood music.... as a discord user. I want to see if it's just me or discord in general.

The approach of using a single instance of Discord is that you can not use push-to-talk, right? Maybe I'm missing something.

I used it last night in my OotA campaign and the players loved it. I was using the Flooded Caves SoundSet and then the Ogre Battle. They never complained about the quality of sound at all.

I think the quality probably has a lot to do with your connection to the Discord server. I saw where if you change it to your region, it should improve?

Thread Information