FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last

Does the calendar ever filter out the games that players or GM's are not active on I'm signing up for games that say they are accepting new player and have not started yet.
    But the few GM's who have replied back to my PM's either say the game is full or is done.

I think after a certain time period of inactivity by the GM or player who started the calendar post should be removed.
    So new players aren't PM'ing every single GM about there game I've Pm'ed about 10 or more GM's that have no activity on there calendar posts and I have gotten reply's back from 2 maybe 3.

It is a little daunting to new players having to chase down every GM of inactive posts to find out that either game already started or is finished and is full up.
    Don't get me wrong the calendar is awesome just needs some cleaning up.
    Last edited by Genghis Tebo; September 21st, 2015 at 22:05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Tebo View Post
    Does the calendar ever filter out the games that players or GM's are not active on I'm signing up for games that say they are accepting new player and have not started yet.
    But the few GM's who have replied back to my PM's either say the game is full or is done.

I think after a certain time period of inactivity by the GM or player who started the calendar post should be removed.
    So new players aren't PM'ing every single GM about there game I've Pm'ed about 10 or more GM's that have no activity on there calendar posts and I have gotten reply's back from 2 maybe 3.

It is a little daunting to new players having to chase down every GM of inactive posts to find out that either game already started or is finished and is full up.
    Don't get me wrong the calendar is awesome just needs some cleaning up.
    I've found the forums to be a better place to find games than the calendar... specifically the 'Looking for Game/Group' forum (formerly the Guild House).. there are also specific forums for the Pathfinder Society (PFS) and the Adventurer's Guild (5e) which do their recruitment there.
    As you point out.. the calendar is somewhat difficult to use for game matchmaking.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Hey guys so I have seen a few answers to my question but I am still unable to suggest a session time on the game calendar I have tried all the different variants I say in this thread. Any help would be awesome trying to suggest the 18th of June at 1600 (4pm).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by usasgt14 View Post
    Hey guys so I have seen a few answers to my question but I am still unable to suggest a session time on the game calendar I have tried all the different variants I say in this thread. Any help would be awesome trying to suggest the 18th of June at 1600 (4pm).

I believe the time was in HH:MM format.

Blog Entries
    18 06 16:00
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    and make sure you have your timezone setup in your profile....

The Game Calendar needs to be used more. Sad to see how empty it is.
    /<arykzen
    Unlimited License Holder.

Blog Entries
    People will use it in ways that suit them. For example my established group never puts anything up here but we play something every week. I only use the calendar for one shots when Im recruiting players from outside that group. Far and away most games are never posted there...

Quote Originally Posted by Karykzen View Post
    The Game Calendar needs to be used more. Sad to see how empty it is.
    It needs some help. The dashboard is fixed in GMT even though I'm logged in and have my preferred time set to EST. So I see a game at a good time and click on it and find out the game is actually 5 hours different. That's a bit annoying. If I want to join a game in the evening, I need to look for games running in the morning the next day. Unintuitive.

Also the dashboard shows the name of the game, which can be duplicated since people tend to run published stuff. It should show the name of the gamemaster.

Clicking through to the game's page, no one ever includes a link to the forum page where real details about the game can be found.

It's just not helpful. But I'm new here. What do I know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    It needs some help. The dashboard is fixed in GMT even though I'm logged in and have my preferred time set to EST. So I see a game at a good time and click on it and find out the game is actually 5 hours different. That's a bit annoying. If I want to join a game in the evening, I need to look for games running in the morning the next day. Unintuitive.

Also the dashboard shows the name of the game, which can be duplicated since people tend to run published stuff. It should show the name of the gamemaster.

Clicking through to the game's page, no one ever includes a link to the forum page where real details about the game can be found.

It's just not helpful. But I'm new here. What do I know.
    Good suggestions. Having a dearth of games is just as bad as having a plethora of games that always fall apart; both have people looking to game going unserved and leaving disappointed.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information