DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last
    Hey all,

I'm new here, im a good friend of DarkStar's all the way from Australia!

I'd really like to play this game with you guys, but have never played a paper and pen before.

So it would be really good if someone could let me know were i could find the server uptimes (calander).

Thanks!

Modification to Calendar: A Request

I think the Calendar is a great feature, however I find it difficult to see WHEN a game is scheduled.

On the front page of the Calendar there are columns for

Campaign / Gamemaster / Accepting players / # of players

I think there should also be a column for "Ususal Game time" or "Next Scheduled Game". This way, when I'm looking for a game, I don't have to open each one and read everything trying to find where (or if) each person has decided to note when the game takes palce.

For instance today is Thursday. If I want to see if there are any games going on today, it is quite time consuming to figure it out.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and thanks for listening.

The Calendar needs more improvements than just that. I hope the devs will take care of it once 1.06 is out.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Someone was talking about Pickup games on another thread. It would be nice if there was a "Calender" that really showed a calender starting at the current date plus, say, 30 days. People could select a day and enter a time, planned duration and what they were running.

There appears to be idle games too. Soon nobody knows which ones are real and which are dead.

Maybe categories on game world too? Looks like Eberron, Warhammer, D&D, Forgotten Realms and Custom worlds mostly. Something like a checkbox-display would be nice. You could choose to display Eberron and FR -games that are accepting players and not full. Would look much clearer.

Another possible improvement: allow DM to add players (not linked to a forum user)
    My player list looks very sparse because most of my players don't visit these forums (in spite of being repeatedly asked to do so ).

Quote Originally Posted by Toadwart
    My player list looks very sparse because most of my players don't visit these forums (in spite of being repeatedly asked to do so ).
    Start posting game related information in here...
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

How do I contact applicants?

I have had an applicant for my game on the calendar, but I search for the user name and can't find him/her. What gives? Are unregistered users allowed to sign up? If so how do I contact them? If they are registered, how do I search the registered users?
    Last edited by Craw; May 11th, 2006 at 02:47. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Craw
    I have had an applicant for my game on the calendar, but I search for the user name and can't find him/her. What gives? Are unregistered users allowed to sign up? If so how do I contact them? If they are registered, how do I search the registered users?
    If someone applied for your game, you already have their username. It's in the calendar, in first column on your players list. Just copy it and send him/her a PM using that name. It's impossible that the username would be blank on your calendar page, unless we are experiencing a bug here.

When you PM people, SmiteWorks also has a nifty feature, which looks up usernames while you type them and gives you suggestions (kinda like Google Suggest). Try it.

ive never played a pen and paper games before too
    but i want to

what about the people useing the demo version how are we sopposed to find games?

Thread Information