DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 53 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinesdragon View Post
    Well that is a bummer. Thanks again for your patience. Is this only for the Race section of the character sheet? needing stats i mean
    No, you can't have partial backgrounds or archetypes without a class either.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okay thanks for your help.
    It looks like I can just create it myself in the format I prefer and return the SCAG. I found a video on how to create races and after testing they seem to drag and drop just fine without any stats.
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 19th, 2017 at 22:06.

Blog Entries
    If the only thing you want from SCAG is the specific dwarf sub-race "fluff", then easy enough to create a race using the in game tools. All it takes is time. If you want all the other things innthe book, then I think the cost is well below the time needed to recreate it.

I also agree with you that this is a "bug" in what you would expect. I know it is the way FG works now and no other ruleset provides all that the 5e ruleset does, but this is a programming issue in that the data for a sub-race is not flagged and the program does not look for it outside the existing module. This could be changed - sub-race could be made a distinct data type and the look-ups could find it, but I think the effort by the limited programming staff might be too much right now.

Or it could be cludged, and this one sub-case could be included in the ruleset.

When the Xanatner's Guide to Everything book comes out, it might be the catalyst to fix this.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; August 20th, 2017 at 00:10.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    If the only thing you want from SCAG is the specific dwarf sub-race "fluff", then easy enough to create a race using the in game tools. All it takes is time. If you want all the other things innthe book, then I think the cost is well below the time needed to recreate it.
    I was only using the dwarf as an example. It is all the races I wanted the fluff for since that is the point of the SCAG, to be a reference guide to the Sword Coast. But hey, to each their own. And creating a race using the in game tools is what I meant by, "I found a video on how to create races and after testing they seem to drag and drop just fine without any stats", which is what I plan to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I also agree with you that this is a "bug" in what you would expect. I know it is the way FG works now and no other ruleset provides all that the 5e ruleset does, but this is a programming issue in that the data for a sub-race is not flagged and the program does not look for it outside the existing module. This could be changed - sub-race could be made a distinct data type and the look-ups could find it, but I think the effort by the limited programming staff might be too much right now.

Or it could be cludged, and this one sub-case could be included in the ruleset.

When the Xanatner's Guide to Everything book cokes out, it might be the catalyst to fix this.
    Good point.
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 19th, 2017 at 23:31.

Just an FYI, I'm now working on SCAG to update all of the races that it is possible to update so that the FR 'fluff' text will be inserted into any subraces.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Because you and the rest of the team are awesome.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Just an FYI, I'm now working on SCAG to update all of the races that it is possible to update so that the FR 'fluff' text will be inserted into any subraces.
    Oh that is f@#$& awesome! Made my day. Thanks Zacchaeus.

On the Tales of the Yawning Portal's Sunless Citadel, the "Encounters (Random)" has a repeated encounter: 2.14.55 Twilight Grove.
    This only appears duplicated if you go to the Library > DD TYP The Sunless Citadel > Encounters (Random).
    On the actual "Encounters" button on the main GUI it does not appear to be duplicated

Not sure if I should ask about this here or on House of Healing... but anyhow... how come Curse of Strahd does not have a "Reference Manual" section like e.g. Sunless Citadel (or any TYP adventure for that matter) does?

Reading the CoS adventure through Notes is kinda tedious, reading it through the Reference Manual is a bit easier on the eye due to how linear it feels, more akin to the book counterpart.
    The CoS way feels more here's a note that has all these links that could go to all of these notes and gets tedious keeping track.

Seems other adventures, such as Rise of Tiamat is the same as Curse of Strahd... is it in the future plans to make a reference manual for those missing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothstaff View Post
    Not sure if I should ask about this here or on House of Healing... but anyhow... how come Curse of Strahd does not have a "Reference Manual" section like e.g. Sunless Citadel (or any TYP adventure for that matter) does?

Reading the CoS adventure through Notes is kinda tedious, reading it through the Reference Manual is a bit easier on the eye due to how linear it feels, more akin to the book counterpart.
    The CoS way feels more here's a note that has all these links that could go to all of these notes and gets tedious keeping track.

Seems other adventures, such as Rise of Tiamat is the same as Curse of Strahd... is it in the future plans to make a reference manual for those missing it?
    This is mainly because it was released before the developers had the ability to easily make reference manuals. Its also up to the developer if they want to do the extra work of editing XML directly to insert a reference manual. This is why you may not see reference manuals in some products. I'll ask internally and see if we want to go back and add a reference manual to this product.

Thread Information