FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 42 of 53 First ... 32404142434452 ... Last
    They are different books, is the answer. In order to achieve what you are looking for I'd either have to include material from the PHB in SCAG or material from SCAG in the PHB - and I can't do that. And I can't create a drag/droppable Shield Dwarf or Gold Dwarf race with just the fluff text, I need all the other stuff too.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okay. I understand they are different books, but then why include some things that have fluff text and not others is what I don't understand. I expected to be able to use this to drag and drop elements specific to the Sword Coast onto the character sheet. I purchased it, not only for the expanded backgrounds, but for the fluff about the Sword Coast as this is what this book, at least in print, is intended for. To me, it is frustrating to see that the PHB is the same in FG as it is in print but not the SCAG.

There would be no reason to include something from the PHB in the SCAG and vice versa as they aren't that way in print, but this is something that is already done in the FG version of the SCAG as it is now. By having the stats in the drag and drop links when they're not in the printed SCAG, you are already doing what you say you can't. So I guess that is moot. To get around that and keep the books separate, you could make the SCAG its own book separate from the PHB and having only the stats contained in that module exactly the way it is in print. If I use the printed books I would need the PHB to reference any stats for the races and classes as it is stated in the SCAG. Another way to look at it, is that the SCAG would become a child of the PHB. If someone owns only the SCAG they have the fluff. If they own both the SCAG and the PHB they have the fluff and the stats. This could be accomplished through an update when they have pruchased both modules changing the SCAG fluff link to include the stats from the PHB. I feel this would better mirror the printed material. Anyway, I still don't get it but I can see based on your answers that this is just the way it is and isn't going to change.
    Thanks for trying to explain. I really do appreciate you taking the time. It really shows how much this company cares about their customers, so thanks again, Zacchaeus.
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 19th, 2017 at 20:17.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinesdragon View Post
    Okay. I understand they are different books, but then why include some things that have fluff text and not others is what I don't understand. I expected to be able to use this to drag and drop elements specific to the Sword Coast onto the character sheet. I purchased it, not only for the expanded backgrounds, but for the fluff about the Sword Coast as this is what this book, at least in print, is intended for. To me, it is frustrating to see that the PHB is the same in FG as it is in print but not the SCAG.

There would be no reason to include something from the PHB in the SCAG and vice versa as they aren't that way in print, but this is something that is already done in the FG version of the SCAG as it is now. By having the stats in the drag and drop links when they're not in the printed SCAG, you are already doing what you say you can't. So I guess that is moot. To get around that and keep the books separate, you could make the SCAG its own book separate from the PHB and having only the stats contained in that module exactly the way it is in print. If I use the printed books I would need the PHB to reference any stats for the races and classes as it is stated in the SCAG. Anyway, I still don't get it but I can see based on your answers that this is just the way it is and isn't going to change.
    Thanks for trying to explain. I really do appreciate you taking the time. It really shows how much this company cares about their customers, so thanks again, Zacchaeus.
    Its more of a technical and legal limitation. We aren't supposed to include content from one product in another product, but because of the technical limitation built into FG, we have to include the full class info or it won't be drag and droppable. So WotC lets us get away with including the class info in SCAG (mostly because that info falls under the 5E SRD licensed by the OGL) because of the limitation. Anything else can't be included.

As far as I know the SCAG is the same as it is in print. I get what you mean however; you want the fluff text and you want to be able to drag a Shield or Gold dwarf instead of Hill or Mountain, even though they are the same apart from the descriptive text. The dwarf statistics and those for the Hill dwarf are actually in the SRD, but not those for the Mountain Dwarf. Leave it with me and I'll find out if we can include these as subraces such that they can be dragged and dropped.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    Its more of a technical and legal limitation. We aren't supposed to include content from one product in another product, but because of the technical limitation built into FG, we have to include the full class info or it won't be drag and droppable. So WotC lets us get away with including the class info in SCAG (mostly because that info falls under the 5E SRD licensed by the OGL) because of the limitation. Anything else can't be included.
    I understand and I am not asking for anything else to be included in the SCAG other than what is printed in the book.
    Currently when I drag and drop a race and go to choose a subrace it has the options from the PHB not the SCAG. Why? I bought it for SCAG info not PHB as I already own that. I was hoping when choosing a subrace for dwarf, the options would be gold and shield not hill and mountain. And I understand the stats are that of a hill dwarf and mountain dwarf but the name and information about them isn't. Furthermore the stats come from the PHB not the SCAG. The fluff information that does come up is from the PHB when it should be from the SCAG. Otherwise there is no point to owning the SCAG if it is going to duplicate info from the PHB. I purchased the SCAG because, in print at least, it is suppose to be fluff information and come to find out it is a repeat of the PHB. Very disappointing. All of this would be very simple to fix by changing the names for the subraces and fluff text for those subraces to match the SCAG. There wouldn't even be any programming just data entry. If it is an issue of manpower, I will volunteer.
    This is just my opinion and I am not meaning to offend anyone. I love the software and I am not trying to start a conflict or anything. I am having a hard time understanding why this module doesn't seem to be 'up to standard' like the rest of the professional products from FG. The PHB, DMG, and MM are all as they are in print. For some reason this isn't. A prime example is the eladrin in the DMG is exactly how it is printed in the DMG, nothing more nothing less. Anyway, I apologize if I offended anyone.
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 19th, 2017 at 21:05.

I understand and I am not asking for anything else to be included in the SCAG other than what is printed in the book.
    Currently when I drag and drop a race and go to choose a subrace it has the options from the PHB not the SCAG. Why? I bought it for SCAG info not PHB as I already own that. I was hoping when choosing a subrace for dwarf, the options would be gold and shield not hill and mountain. And I understand the stats are that of a hill dwarf and mountain dwarf but the name and information about them isn't. Furthermore the stats come from the PHB not the SCAG. The fluff information that does come up is from the PHB when it should be from the SCAG. Otherwise there is no point to owning the SCAG if it is going to duplicate info from the PHB. I purchased the SCAG because, in print at least, it is suppose to be fluff information and come to find out it is a repeat of the PHB. Very disappointing.
    This is just my opinion and I am not meaning to offend anyone. I love the software and I am not trying to start a conflict or anything. I am having a hard time understanding why this module doesn't seem to be 'up to standard' like the rest of the professional products from FG. The PHB, DMG, and MM are all as they are in print. For some reason this isn't. A prime example is the eladrin in the DMG is exactly how it is printed in the DMG, nothing more nothing less. Anyway, I apologize if I offended anyone.
    I think possibly you might be misunderstanding how FG works. To have something which can be dragged and dropped it needs to be complete; you can't just have bits. The fluff text is no use on its own. So although there is a description in SCAG of a shield dwarf there are no stats printed in SCAG for it. For the stats we need to look at the PHB. So what you have is the complete SCAG module as it is in print and the complete PHB as it is in print. But in order to do what you want we would need to include the stats from the PHB in SCAG. The question is can we do that and I'm not sure we can - at least not for the Mountain/Shield dwarf.

I think you beat my edit with your response. And it is quite possible I am misunderstanding how FG works. What I was thinking is all of this would be very simple to fix by changing the names for the subraces and fluff text for those subraces to match the SCAG. There wouldn't even be any programming just data entry. If it is an issue of manpower, I will volunteer. After looking at it I see what you mean having to add in the subrace and the corresponding stats. Bummer.
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 19th, 2017 at 21:17.

I think I now understand the dilemma. When I have the PHB open I get the options for subrace, but with the SCAG the only option is the new subrace that has stats. So, to make sure I understand, you are saying you can't have links that are "fluff" only. Those links must have stats as well?

I think I now understand the dilemma. When I have the PHB open I get the options for subrace, but with the SCAG the only option is the new subrace that has stats. So, to make sure I understand, you are saying you can't have links that are "fluff" only. Those links must have stats as well?
    Exactly.

Well that is a bummer. Thanks again for your patience. Is this only for the Race section of the character sheet? needing stats i mean
    Last edited by paladinesdragon; August 19th, 2017 at 21:37.

Thread Information