STAR TREK 2d20
Page 30 of 53 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    This is a separate issue, so I am posting it as such.

The Rise of Tiamat

Suggestion: Since Tiamat loses hp and other traits as the ritual gets disrupted, she should be represented by 5 write ups. The first write up is her at full power (FG already has that one). The next is level 1 of "power down", and etc. Also, according to the text, she goes from a CR of 30 at full power to "an effective" CR of 18 at lowest power. Unfortunately, the book doesn't give out the CRs for each level of power down. My suggestion would be to reduce the CR in equal (or close to equal) steps from 30 to 18.

Princes of the Apocalypse

Problem: Worg: Token is missing. See jpg below:
    Attachment 19481
    Problem: Young Purple Worm: The bite action needs to be reformatted so it all appears in one description field. See jpg below:
    Attachment 19483

Storm King's Thunder

The NPC Wyrmskull Throne should be redone to take into account everything it can do. It's history and how to destroy it should be under the "other" tab. See my suggested write up below:
    Attachment 19482
    Just noticed something from a different NPC. Change the burrow trait to earth glide.

The Rise of Tiamat

Problem: Yuan-ti Abomination: The innate spellcasting trait is not formatted correction. The innate spells are missing below the Action section. See jpg below:
    Attachment 19484
    Problem: Yuan-ti Malison: The innate spellcasting trait is not formatted correction. The innate spells are missing below the Action section. See jpg below:
    Attachment 19485
    Problem: Yuan-ti Pureblood: Same as above.

That's it for the NPCs.

One last thing I noticed. There's no consistent formatting of effects for traps & hazards. Some have effects listed as traits, others as actions. Personal opinion: Unless the text clearly states that the trap/hazards' effects use an action, they all belong to traits.
    Last edited by astromath; June 20th, 2017 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post

One last thing I noticed. There's no consistent formatting of effects for traps & hazards. Some have effects listed as traits, others as actions. Personal opinion: Unless the text clearly states that the trap/hazards' effects use an action, they all belong to traits.
    This may partly be because there have been 4 different authors of 5e modules each with their own styles and ways of creating the modules. In some earlier modules traps weren't even created as NPCs. Generally I only create a hazard or a trap where there are actions that could cause a save to be made/damage done etc.

Thanks again for all your efforts in pointing all of this out; I'll be working on the fixes over the next few days.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Being perfectionistic does have its benefits (or detriments to some people). However, I have found only one thing that's actually 100% perfect in this world. A perfect mess. LOL

The Rise of Tiamat

Problem: Severin: He does not have the Illusory Self trait. See page 92 of the book. I have redone Severin to be more precise according to the text in the book (I had to add a trait "*" so that the *'s in the stat block can be explained). I also reformatted the first box of the Legendary Actions to read as Options, then the description. This is more in line with other creatures with Legendary Actions. See jpg below for the new Severin:
    Attachment 19454
    This won't work. It's the asterisks that are causing the entire stat block to be borked (including adding in the Illusory Self Trait from the NPC immediately preceding this one in the .txt file). I have therefore included notes in the traits detailing what happens when he is wearing the mask. DMs will have to switch off his immunities/resistances in the CT if he isn't wearing it. I thought of creating a Severin without the mask but that complicates things further. He's also pretty unlikely not to have the mask given he's useless without it
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This won't work. It's the asterisks that are causing the entire stat block to be borked (including adding in the Illusory Self Trait from the NPC immediately preceding this one in the .txt file). I have therefore included notes in the traits detailing what happens when he is wearing the mask. DMs will have to switch off his immunities/resistances in the CT if he isn't wearing it. I thought of creating a Severin without the mask but that complicates things further. He's also pretty unlikely not to have the mask given he's useless without it
    I guess it's time for another FG programming suggestion.

This is a separate issue, so I am posting it as such.

The Rise of Tiamat

Suggestion: Since Tiamat loses hp and other traits as the ritual gets disrupted, she should be represented by 5 write ups. The first write up is her at full power (FG already has that one). The next is level 1 of "power down", and etc. Also, according to the text, she goes from a CR of 30 at full power to "an effective" CR of 18 at lowest power. Unfortunately, the book doesn't give out the CRs for each level of power down. My suggestion would be to reduce the CR in equal (or close to equal) steps from 30 to 18.
    I like this idea so I've included it in the module.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I like this idea so I've included it in the module.
    Manually keep the XP the same though as the full power one? Otherwise it'll autocalculate down.
    US East Coast-Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Beldak View Post
    Manually keep the XP the same though as the full power one? Otherwise it'll autocalculate down.
    Safe enough; they're just links to the NPCs - there's no specific encounter. In any case I altered the CR and XP for each level of beastie.

Blog Entries
    Bulette deadly leap ability is not populating in the combat tracker properly and cannot be used from the description as well.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information