FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Wizards of the Coast 5E data update

For those getting update notices, we've just pushed a release of updates to all of the Wizards of the Coast 5E DLC packs.

Cheers,
    JPG

The following are the fixes contained in this update:

Player's Handbook: (and relevant class packs)

• Added links to tools list in all classes after equipment section
    • Moved 'Cantrips Known' column in tables out of Spell slots section into main table in all relevant spellcasting classes
    • Corrupted text in Symbol and Melf's Acid arrow spells - Fixed
    • Incorrect weight of explorer's pack - Fixed
    • Unneeded wording in Unarmed strikes section - Removed
    • Various broken links in class packs - Fixed

Dungeon Master's Guide
    • Various broken links fixed
    • A number of typos in magic items - fixed

Monster Manual: (and relevant monster packs)

• Corrected dozens of typos in a variety of monsters including all Dragons, Hags, Golems, Elementals and others. Full list in this post here thanks to Kronides
    • Ghost and Deva stat blocks - fixed

Storm King's Thunder

• Encounter 04.03.017 Fixed
    • Yakfolk Priest spellcasting trait - Fixed
    • Added all MM NPC images to module so that MM no longer required to view images
    • Added Magic Item images so that DMG no longer required to view images

The Yawning Portal
    • Various typos - fixed
    • Missing text in 'Denizen's' table - fixed
    • Transposed pins in one map in Hidden Shrine - fixed
    • Incorrect thumbnails in a number of the modules - fixed

Curse of Strahd

• Added: New player module containing the Haunted One background and the Hunter's Equipment pack so that players can now use normal drag and drop functionality at character creation.
    • Added: Story Template for 'Card Reading'
    • Fixed: Broken link to DMG 'Madness' section
    • Fixed: Strahd's Actions corruption - also added Lair Actions
    • Updated: All encounters which had a random number of NPCs updated to use Random Encounters

There are still some outstanding issues notably to LMoP and PotA. These will get fixed as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; March 29th, 2017 at 20:25.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Awesome
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

If we have an open campaign with some of these products in use, how do we apply the updates to that campaign? Does it happen automatically when the updates are downloaded?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    We're not worthy! <genuflecting>

May not be a bug, but in the reference manual of the Tomb of Horrors, there is only a link to the DM's version of the map. There is no link to the player's version that I can find without searching the images icon for Tomb-Players.
    Might be intentional, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    May not be a bug, but in the reference manual of the Tomb of Horrors, there is only a link to the DM's version of the map. There is no link to the player's version that I can find without searching the images icon for Tomb-Players.
    Might be intentional, but it doesn't make sense to me.
    There is only the DMs map linked. The reference section is just there for you to read; you can't really run the adventure from the reference manual so there's no link to the players maps. This is true of all of the adventures.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CNYGamer99 View Post
    If we have an open campaign with some of these products in use, how do we apply the updates to that campaign? Does it happen automatically when the updates are downloaded?

Thanks!
    The updates happen automatically. BUT if you have changed a story entry (for example) and that story entry has an update to it then your version of the story entry will take precedence. In other words you won't see the update. You can revert back to the original text by right clicking on the entry and selecting revert changes (you'll know if you have amended anything because it will have a paper and pencil icon rather than just a paper icon to the right hand side of it in the campaign list.) You can also right click on the module in the nodules window and select revert changes to the whole module. Be aware that both these things will remove any edits or changes you made entirely from the module or the individual entry.

Mainly you won't have to do any of this; and in fact might not want to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There is only the DMs map linked. The reference section is just there for you to read; you can't really run the adventure from the reference manual so there's no link to the players maps. This is true of all of the adventures.
    Oh I can't? I better stop then :P The reference manual has become the best way to navigate a book adventure. Links on the left side instead of a bajillion windows. It's so close to being perfect!

That's cool though, if it's intended it's no bug

Thread Information