5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Qoff and DrOW come from a part of the world where FG is considerably more expensive (relative to income) than it is for most of us which is why they dont know too many others that have licenses.
    It would be a cool feature - it would probably be hard for GM prep - and it would be nice to have.
    If you havent already do vote for it on the wishlist.
    Is this suggestion already in the list or I have to create it?

The 'one free slot' idea for every full license owner is also a solution to expand the user base.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoff View Post
    I think thats close but I also think you might almost start a new one as well. Something like:

Player Ultimate License extends to Guest GM

As another member posted there probably is no financial incentive to do this and it might require some serious engine coding.
    At least if if you add it SW will see that there is potential interest.

I can not disagree from the point of view of either side.
    I understand that in doing so, Smite would not make a profit, but I also understand Qoff's frustration, because I'm Brazilian too and I'm not a teacher because of a simple and silly fear of mastering, instead I change layouts, deleting adventures ready, Is good and doing translations.
    The problem is not only in price (the conversion of the dollar to our currency and very heavy), but in our purchasing power.
    Of course I have the Ultimate version and I do not regret it, because of the many "simulators" of RPG that I tested the Fantasy Grounds in my opinion is the best.
    I know most Brazilians think the value is expensive, but they do not think about the benefits of having a good product and I'm sure it will improve with their innovations (merging with Table Top Connect and Unity re - paging).
    But it's like a friend "DroW" said while we talked ... he said in summary that people prefer what is free, that people use Roll20 because it is free, because if it was paid in one would use neither, they would use Skype To play
    Of course the voting proposal is good ...
    But it would be interesting to rethink the access prices to other regions, because I think it is easier to sell for less and sell more, than to sell little for the high price ...
    Of course there would be the problem, ah, but it's not the price, it's all in English, I propose there ... and I know that there are a lot of people dedicated to producing or better transforming the FG to become compatible with their language Then I think it would be interesting to have Fantasy Grounds in a multi-language installation system, of course we would have to understand that only licensed products would be available and allowed to be produced in Fantasy Grounds by companies that allowed it.

I'm from a time where there wasn't a big and generally good f2p option to FG2. Back then we didn't have Ultimate, but the other options to FG were very simple tools that basically only provided sheets to be shared and a very simple dice roller.

After I bought my FG copy I've tried for a few years to convince people into buying a copy of FG so we could play. I've convinced 0 people to do that. Once I heard on say "Why would I pay $40 when I can play online having my own physical sheet and rolling my own dice and telling the DM what I rolled? That's how I play, you're stupid for paying for this.", then I realized people just don't deserve FG. Today most of them play on their favorite f2p option, and while I find it easy to find players now that I have an Ultimate License, they will always prefer that option because they played there so much that they are already used to it.

I do believe that FG does need a f2p level of entrance, the only f2p level of entrance right now is being a player on an Ultimate table but that means you only get to try it as a player and only if someone invites you. Imho the FG does need a, like we say here in brazil, drug dealer deal: "Hey, the first one is free!", so people actually try and get addicted and come wanting for more and even willing to pay for that.

Right now I say for sure that over 95% of the online people won't even try FG2 because it means to spend money and it doesn't even matter the cost, since there is a f2p option. The other 5% might be inclined to check what's the software like and from those just 1% might actually want to buy it.

But that's just my 2 cents. I'm tired ot trying to convince people that FG is good, people just don't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Qoff and DrOW come from a part of the world where FG is considerably more expensive (relative to income) than it is for most of us which is why they dont know too many others that have licenses.
    It would be a cool feature - it would probably be hard for GM prep - and it would be nice to have.
    If you havent already do vote for it on the wishlist.
    Indeed. Thankfully we have Steam mitigating the regional price for us, it's still costs a lot.
    Right now the dollar is costing so much for is that if we had to actually pay in dollar's FG would be beyond my reach, only really rich people would be able to afford it. And reach people are usually rich because they don't like to spend their money when there's a "free option" :P
    Last edited by Dr0W; March 29th, 2017 at 14:40.

Interestingly enough I was talking to somebody last night from Brazil about them helping translate PCGen's UI and output sheets to Brazilian Portuguese.

Sorry for the noob question but: how can I add a new idea in the idea informer? Already registered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Qoff View Post
    Sorry for the noob question but: how can I add a new idea in the idea informer? Already registered.
    You have to start by typing in like you are searching, then on the bottom choose the "Share your Idea" button on the bottom.
    Attachment 18378

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You have to start by typing in like you are searching, then on the bottom choose the "Share your Idea" button on the bottom.
    Attachment 18378
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=110467

Thread Information