DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Creating This Effect For Ring of Maniacal Devices?

Pathfinder Ruleset...

I need to create an effect for the following:

Ring of Maniacal Devices
    This elaborately decorated ring is crafted with the design of a fierce dragon wrapped greedily around a shining gemstone. It grants the wearer a +5 competence bonus on all Craft (traps) and Disable Device checks. Even if he has no ranks in these skills, the wearer may make Craft (traps) and Disable Device checks as if he were trained in them.

I'm not sure how to assign it to the individual skills.

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

MODERATOR: Moved to 3/5E/Pathfinder thread as this is a question specific to Pathfinder. If you have a question about a specific ruleset please post in the relevant Game Systems forum. Thanks.

From the effects Wiki page: SKILL (D) [bonus], [skill], [ability] Skill checks So, use the <bonus> and <skill name> separated by a comma.

Use SKILL: 5, craft traps; SKILL: 5, disable device You can't change the [UNTRAINED] label using an effect. So, if you don't have any ranks in the skill, just remind the GM that you can use these two skills untrained.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Gotcha on the first part.

So that would make a Scholar's Ring be:

Scholar's Ring; SKILL: 5, knowledge history

since it's description says A scholar’s ring grants complete understanding of any written text or spoken language, even one that the wearer has never encountered before (as the comprehend languages spell), as well as a +5 competence bonus on Knowledge (history) checks.

And since my Rogue has ranks in these skills anyway, it shouldn't come up Untrained?

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Thread Information