DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do YOU integrate video cams into YOUR Fantasy Grounds Campaign?

As some of you might know, I used to run a campaign in Fantasy Grounds but there was something missing for me: being able to SEE my players. I liked the voice over Teamspeak just fine, but I wanted to see them. We communicate as a species so much information non-verbally that I was really missing it.

So I migrated over to Roll20 because of it's integrated Webcam stuff. And the Mapping Tools, but that's another issue.

However I really like the way that Fantasy Grounds handles the game part of the VTT stuff more than Roll20. Both are such excellent programs that my preferred VTT would be a baby spawned by FG and R20.

I see many videos on Youtube that has groups playing Fantasy Grounds with Cams of the players. So I thought I'd ask those who are doing this sort of thing, how they are doing it.

Roll20 for video running in the background while FG is up front? If so, how do the players see the video when FG is running?

Hopefully the above gives an idea of what I'm asking about. I'd like to return to FG but... I just can't give up the Video aspect of Roll20. I love seeing my players.
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Blog Entries
    I don't use video, but I think this thread is what you want; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-streaming!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't use video, but I think this thread is what you want; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-streaming!
    Thanks!

Our group uses OoVoO chat.. multiperson video chat, free, doesn't time out after few hours like skype... and has a sidebar view option that tucks neatly into the side of your FG window on full screen
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik6666 View Post
    Our group uses OoVoO chat.. multiperson video chat, free, doesn't time out after few hours like skype... and has a sidebar view option that tucks neatly into the side of your FG window on full screen
    That sounds perfect!

Blog Entries
    Any chance you can provide an in-game screenshot?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Any chance you can provide an in-game screenshot?
    Yeah! That would be nice if possible. Or PM it. Or something. heh.

Hopefully this lets you see what its like... images down the side, you can set names too, or make it more traditional VC

https://gyazo.com/d48a15fc43faa949b072b4d76dc45612

Mav
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Our group handles audio/video on separate devices - phone or tablet next to the PC. This has worked VERY well for us. If it's a 1 on 1 game FaceTime is perfect. Otherwise we use the Google Hangouts app.

Hopefully this lets you see what its like... images down the side, you can set names too, or make it more traditional VC

https://gyazo.com/d48a15fc43faa949b072b4d76dc45612

Mav
    VERY nice!

Thread Information