STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Beasts and Barbarians Steel Edition?

Are there any plans to create a Beasts and Barbarians Steel Edition conversion for FG once it's released?

Blog Entries
    You'd have to ask the conversion author. I think it was Atrill maybe? I know he did the recent adventure DLC anyway.
    I'm just hoping he decides to update B&B (and Nemezis) with a reference manual, personally.

Sure, this is possible. But I think we need more adventures before this. I want to create at least 3.

Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition conversion is started today.

Yes!! Thank you.

Steel Edition Player Guide is DONE and sent into updates.
    All owners of gold edition will recieve this module soon.
    Game Master Guide will be ready in april-march.
    screenshot0003.jpg

Thank you Atrill! Dog Brother of the lands of loin cloth clad barbarians!

News about conversion.
    Publisher wants this two products to be separated. Do not worry! All owners of the gold edition still will get the steel one as promised. But this separation cause some new problems.
    If someone will buy an adventure module, it MUST works with any of two Beasts and Barbarians versions (we do not know which of two versions customer have). Because of this we need to update all adventures (and the gold edition rulebook module too) and can't publish the steel edition before all adventures will be works with both of rulebooks. And we can't publish player guide alone too.
    ETA of GM guide + rebuild of advintures: 1-3 months. Sorry for another delay. I very like this setting too!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrill View Post
    Because of this we need to update all adventures (and the gold edition rulebook module too) and can't publish the steel edition before all adventures will be works with both of rulebooks. And we can't publish player guide alone too.
    You don't need to update the adventures if the base data structure is the same, you can use the <acceptfrom> tag in the ruleset to indicate which other ruleset modules can be opened.

Here's an example from the 3.5E base.xml file:
    Code:
    	<importinfo>
    		<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
    		<acceptfrom ruleset="PFRPG" />
    	</importinfo>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information