DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Maps not saving

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You need to check some of those extensions for compatibility! But, that's a different story, and I don't think it's affecting this.

When you add a mask, please check the campaign data directory - there should the a directory called "maskedimages" - check for a .png file in there that will be a black image that is the shape of the mask. This file should appear as soon as you close the image you have just masked. You don't need to exit FG.

Thanks Trenloe,

I have tried it without extensions and with extensions and the same issue arises. I will try what you asked after I get home from work today and see if that helps anything.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    As a side note - that GM Ownership extension should not be needed anymore; I'm pretty sure that that functionality has been added to the ruleset itself.
    Thanks Andraax, I'll remove that asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When you add a mask, please check the campaign data directory - there should the a directory called "maskedimages" - check for a .png file in there that will be a black image that is the shape of the mask. This file should appear as soon as you close the image you have just masked. You don't need to exit FG.
    There is no maskedimage in the campaign folder. I tried it for the two campaigns that seem to be having the issue and there were no masked images. I tried it for an older campaign and the images were there. I made a new campaign put an image in there and it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Are you able to add new images to this campaign?
    If not re-apply windows permissions to that campaign folder.
    Thanks Damned,

I can add new images but they will not remain masked. Let me try what you suggest.

I exported the campaign as a module and the moved the module to a different place. I then deleted the original campaign and started a new campaign with a new name and put the module in the module file and opened it. That works. I have no idea why.

Thanks for the help all.

That's weird. Maybe the maskedimages folder got deleted at some point. Perhaps just recreating it might have fixed the issue. Or, as damned mentioned, the access rights for that specific campaign folder needed resetting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information