DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Setting up powers automatically, issue with Weapon Damage Die

So, I've been trying to set up a power manually, but cannot see how to add the 1[W] section that automatically appears when a power is dragged on and parses automatically.
    Is there a missing functionality that I am unaware of?
    https://puu.sh/uXtdh/c3ff395008.jpg Is an example of a power that's been added and parsed in, but https://puu.sh/uXtjR/be17454917.jpg is all I get when creating a new one.

Your power is set to implement.

I've had to put in all my power manually from the start, I hadn't been aware that you could drag drop parsed powers until recently XD. Anyway that gives me some experience doing it.
    So in the power description (that pops up when you click on the square, top right, next to the d20 symbol, that is clicked to go to the shorcut power actions)

Add

Weapon

in the Keywords.

Then it adds that field in automatically in the shortcut power buttons. You might need to "Reset the Power Actions" from the circle menu in the power actions space (of which your added jpg are), if you add it later on.
    Whenever you setup a power manually, do the full power description first, <Recharge>, <Action>, <Keywords>, <Range> and description
    If it's an attack power, it should have a Target line, an Attack line (if you roll for the attack... if it's supposed to be an effect dmg like Magic Missile, then you don't need an attac line), a Hit line and if needed, lines for Trigger, Effect, Miss etc.

PS: Please DO tell whenever you start something new (campaign-ish or anything really) in 4e, I'm still looking to join another group.
    Last edited by Llyle; March 25th, 2017 at 11:15.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyle View Post
    Your power is set to implement.

I've had to put in all my power manually from the start, I hadn't been aware that you could drag drop parsed powers until recently XD. Anyway that gives me some experience doing it.
    So in the power description (that pops up when you click on the square, top right, next to the d20 symbol, that is clicked to go to the shorcut power actions)

Add

Weapon

in the Keywords.

Then it adds that field in automatically in the shortcut power buttons. You might need to "Reset the Power Actions" from the circle menu in the power actions space (of which your added jpg are), if you add it later on.
    Whenever you setup a power manually, do the full power description first, <Recharge>, <Action>, <Keywords>, <Range> and description
    If it's an attack power, it should have a Target line, an Attack line (if you roll for the attack... if it's supposed to be an effect dmg like Magic Missile, then you don't need an attac line), a Hit line and if needed, lines for Trigger, Effect, Miss etc.

PS: Please DO tell whenever you start something new (campaign-ish or anything really) in 4e, I'm still looking to join another group.
    Ahh! I knew it had to be something I was missing! Thank you so much
    Also, I MAY have something in the works for a new Eberron or Dark Sun campaign for Thursday Evenings PST (around 7pm NZT). Let me know if that interests you and I'll get you a message when it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Ahh! I knew it had to be something I was missing! Thank you so much
    Also, I MAY have something in the works for a new Eberron or Dark Sun campaign for Thursday Evenings PST (around 7pm NZT). Let me know if that interests you and I'll get you a message when it starts.
    You're welcome!

7pm NZT would be... 11pm PDT... that would be 8AM where I live and I have to go to work on workdays, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. Never played Eberron, would have been interesting, played Dark Sun only once and didn't like it, but that could have been due to the GM who had a slightly sadistic hobby of killing off PCs, imho without good reason (his reason was "It's Dark Sun, people die there.") Maybe Dark Sun is like that. If that's the case - I don't like to have to build a new character every other level. If Dark Sun isn't like that, it might have been interesting as well. Alas the timeframe won't work for me.

Anyway, if anything else comes up, other time of day, or something on Saturday/Sunday maybe, I'd like to know!
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Jeepers what time zone are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Jeepers what time zone are you in?
    GMT +1 (Germany)
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Ooo ouch. Well I'll let you know if something weekend-based comes up.

Thread Information