FG Spreadshirt Swag

Creating Monsters and other NPCs

I have been looking for a quick way to create custom NPCs and monsters and found a good Monster Maker program (and some other tools) here https://www.sdoddler.com/d-d-tools. You can save as an HTML file or a PNG or print it out (you could also print it to a PDF this way!)

If your using Par5E for parsing your creations, you can copy and paste the info from the preview stat block in the Monster Maker UI to your npc.txt file with nearly no alterations (the formatting seems to line up), run Par5E and bingo, it's in FG! I have been using it exclusively to make my more intricate NPCs and monsters.

Hope this helps somebody!

I assume you meant to link to this:

https://thegeniusinc.com/dd-monster-maker-download/

I've been looking for a tool that'll auto-calculate custom monster CR, so I'll have to give this a try.

Most of my monsters are homebrew and for the most part I can gauge their new CR based on the template monster I used and then adjust up/down from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post
    I assume you meant to link to this:

https://thegeniusinc.com/dd-monster-maker-download/

I've been looking for a tool that'll auto-calculate custom monster CR, so I'll have to give this a try.

Most of my monsters are homebrew and for the most part I can gauge their new CR based on the template monster I used and then adjust up/down from that.

That's the link for the monster maker but the original link has some other nifty programs also!

other link ?
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    other link ?
    Post #1. But it seems to be down.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Indeed, which is why I asked

thanks however for the response
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Indeed, which is why I asked
    OK, you originally essentially asked "what other link?" Not, "the other link doesn't work."

Thanks for clarifying what you were actually asking.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, the original site that had the additional tools does seem to be down. The Monster Maker link is working though.

Thread Information