STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    /edie 2d10 in your rolls will do the exploding 2d10s but the /followon command only works with the newer format rolls... at some point I will need to update that roller.
    what is the /followon command? hadn't seen that
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    its possible its not in 1.38 but will be in the next release.
    you can register a table to always follow a particular roll - eg: /followon damage rollon Location will cause all /damage rolls to also roll on the Location table auto-magically
    Huzzah!

Is it possible to use the /following to have a result reference a table. I am not sure if what I am looking for is possible. By using the /rnk#k# dice string I was able to get the results on dice rolls I need. I was wondering if the result of that dice roll can be automatically applied to a table where
    It would then give me a different value which is on the table, in this case a bonus value. For example, a total roll equalling 35 would be equal to a +5 bonus on the table.

I believe what Damned was trying to tell us is: yes, that is what is intended with the /followon command, however, he doesn't have it programmed yet to work with all of the dice roll commands, only some of them. Thus, we'll have to wait till the next update for him to get that feature working fully.

In my case, I had to go the /rollon command linked to a table because the dice roll I needed isn't supported. Torg uses 1d20 exploding on 10 and 20. /edie only explodes on max of the die i.e. 20. Thus, I had to emulate the die roll with some manipulation of tables. It works, but not nearly as straight forward as you'll be able to do.

As I understand it, MB uses 2d10 that explode on 10. So, you can just use /edie 2d10 and you are good. But, if you want to pull the bonus number from a table, you'll have to wait till the /followon command is finished. On the other hand, if you don't want to wait, you can implement it using the same technique that I did with /rollon a table and set up the table to do the roll for you.

On another front. I believe that MB also uses a deck of cards, similar to Torg's Drama Deck. I'm working on mine now. This is what I've come up with so far. If anyone has some better ideas for it, let me know.

Attachment 18274

Here is how it works:

Download and Install an extension by Trenloe known as "Basic Card Deck Tables" extension.

Copy the card images and put them into your image folder inside your campaign. If the cards have 2 halves, like they do in Torg, then you'll have to bring the card into gimp, rotate it 180 and save a second copy, like I did, version a and b. While you are in gimp, it's a good idea to downsize the resolution to around 32 and reduce the size of the card. I chose 200 x 321, but it might could be downsized even further. This will help with bandwith and memory performance.

Drag the image links into your table. When you roll on the table, it will show both halves of the card right side up in chat. The link in the chat can be clicked on to open the card. It can also be dragged into the player sheet in the images section so that the player can build their hand and card pool.

Don't forget to read the instructions for how the extension works. Trenloe did a good job of explaining the functionality of it.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Extending that idea.

The cards dropped into the image section of the character sheet are in the players hand.

To play from the players hand into a card pool, if that applies, just drag the card onto the quicklink tray at the bottom of the screen and delete from the image section on the character sheet.

To play the card, drag the card to the chat. Delete from the quicklink tray.
    Last edited by vodokar; March 19th, 2017 at 02:24.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    /followon will work with all rolls that are in the /scripts directory and will not work with the rolls in the /desktop/scripts
    Unfortunately /rnk and /edie are both rollers made before MoreCore (by Ikael) and dont have all the right settings for /followon to work.

the good ianmward was also working on a more advanced card deck which will be very cool...

I hadn't even thought about the cards yet. Thank you so much that is extremely helpful as well.

I am in the process of making a Torg extension for MoreCore. I have a feeling that much of this will be useful for MasterBook also, as is, or perhaps with some slight adjustments.

This is what I have so far:

Attachment 18296

It is a Work Sheet which helps the Game Master perform the calculations necessary for an attack by a character on an npc. This is linked to each individual character sheet and so will be able to remember individually the characters usual numbers for attack skill, damage rating etc. It performs the math and tells the damage result from the attack.

I also intend on making Work Sheets for such things as Skill calculations and perhaps Many on One and One on Many.

I will also link similar Work Sheets to individual npc records that can be pre-filled out for certain information for the npc's to aid speed during play for npc attacks vs characters.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Please, do continue this conversation and update us.

And don't forget the upcoming TORG re-imagination TORG Eternity.

https://www.ulisses-us.com/games/torg/

Thread Information