DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problem Targeting

Hi,
    I'm just learning how to use this awesome RMC Ruleset but have struck a problem. When I drop the attack on a Token I want attacked no target is registered. Also when I drop the attack on the icon in the Combat Tracker I want attacked I get 'Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:810: setTarget: Invalid parameter 2'. I click on the one I want attacked and still it will not be selected. The one attacking is selected in the Combat Tracker and the one being attacked is owned by a player. I have tried both with a friend online and with a local host. I must be missing something (again). I have tried redoing the encounter from scratch with same result. I have tried updating but not deleting FG entirely and re-installing, maybe I need to do this.
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Andrew.

Blog Entries
    Drag name of target to appropriate part of character entry in CT. Dropping on token should work. All attacks, even PCs attacks need to be done from the CT, contrary to pretty well every other FG ruleset.

The Rolemaster ruleset is extremely powerful on FG but you just need to take a bit of time to figure out how things work, and it is a little more fiddly than others.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks for your quick reply...but dragged targets name to Att OB of attacker, sadly nothing. Same when I drag it to Attack (Name), same when I drag it to grey link icon, same when I drag it onto icon, still it is not targeted. It definitely doesn't target when I drop attack from CT onto Icon on Map. It still comes up with 'Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:810: setTarget: Invalid parameter 2' when I drop attack on name in CT. Am I doing what you suggested?
    Thanks,
    Andrew

ok, I seemed to have figured it out. Found this in another reply #1 rule: Drag PC Portraits into the Combat Tracker. Drag NPCs from list into Combat Tracker. Drag Tokens from Combat Tracker onto map. Did it and it worked. I told you I was missing something
    Thanks JohnD for your reply so quickly and damned for his reply as well.
    Andrew

Shoot I've tried all of those. Targeting worked once and then I was experiencing bugs and error messages after I killed one creature and tried to target the next.

What errors are you getting?

I was having a screen pop up with red error messages, but I don't remember what they said. Bottom line I couldn't target monsters, but I could get the monsters to target the PC

This morning I couldn't even get the monsters to target the NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    I was having a screen pop up with red error messages, but I don't remember what they said.
    If you get any error messages, please keep a copy of them. Without these it's very, very difficult to track any issues down. You can click "Copy to Clipboard" at the top of the popup window to copy all of the messages, then paste in the forums with some information about what you were doing at the time the errors occurred - maybe provide a screenshot of FG to help identify what's happening. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will do. I've given up playing with the ruleset unfortunately since no matter how many times I've deleted everyone from the combat tracker and re-added them I still can't get anyone to target anyone. I have tried with other rulesets and I don't have the same issues. RM is by far my favorite game for over 30 years and this ruleset would be ideal to bring a new generation of players to RM if I could get it to work.

Thread Information