STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Setting up encounters - NPCs like Goblins who have "Weapon" listed in "Attacks"

What do we do? Drag them over to campaign NPCs and replace "Weapons" with hand-typed thing like:

Attacks: Branch (1d3)
    Therefore, every time we want to add an NPC with a specific weapon, we just copy the NPC?

If I had it with a dagger, I found I cannot drag a dagger to the NPC sheet. Nor can I drag a weapon from "Items" to the CT entry for the NPC.

Ah, will test - it does a lookup/match? That would answer my about to be typed message about "how does a PC with resistance to slash get handled if its just flavor text (dmg d-type)"

Cool.

But yeah, if we load in an NPC like goblin to make an encounter, we always have to copy it to the campaign since they are not listed with any specific weapons right?

Nope, adding in Attack: space just the word "Spear" or others you mentioned doesn't do anything "parse-wise", unless I did "Spear (1d6)" or whatever.

So then - we go back to the dmg type is unknown when an NPC does damage to a PC?

Blog Entries
    What I did for the U1 remaster was, among many other things I asked the author about, was "hey for [encounter] did you have a specific weapon type in mind?" Turns out, yes he did, so for FG those NPCs are ready to rock, no extra prep work for the GM.

Check out the C&C Effects article on the wiki. @Trenloe commented on the bottom table that specific type effects (fire, etc.) "should" work but did not at the time of that writing. No clue if JPG updated the ruleset to make them work or not.

Blog Entries
    It's a $10 ruleset not a $50 - $200 ruleset guys. The capabilities are somewhat more limited. Unfortunately you can't learn much from most of the legacy releases except how not to do it (w.r.t. a "polished" product).

Long Sword +3 (1d8+3) or Dagger (1d4) or Thrown Dagger +5 (1d4+2) or Heavy Mace Off-Hand -1 (1d8+1)
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I only wish they could make a C&C - Deluxe for $49 where that would be a choice to spend for extra 1st tier automation. Might bring more folks who want to play C&C and thereby more module sales.

But, I understand manpower. The ruleset works, it will not see work on it other than to keep it that way.

So, John, you run these games - I haven't yet played in C&C . How do you handle folks rolling dmg dice - or do you and other CKs roll for the players? I expect people just tell the player it's half dmg and the CK manually adjust it after.
    (EDIT: Actually, forgot this part of the question go its own thread, so if someone is answering about how they handle resistances etc, do so there if you don't mind doing so--> https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...NPC-Immunities )
    Last edited by Varsuuk; March 12th, 2017 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    I only wish they could make a C&C - Deluxe for $49 where that would be a choice to spend for extra 1st tier automation.
    3.5E/Pathfinder and 5E don't do full weapon lookups for NPCs - the NPC statblocks take the entry text in the NPC record as written.

(As a side note: 3.5E/Pathfinder does do a basic lookup weapon lookup to get the damage type, e.g. "axe" = "slashing", but this obviously has match limitations for less common weapons).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Its not even the $$ tag for the ruleset - the volume of sales will likely never be nearly enough to warrant any significant upgrades. This really is a good functional ruleset with plenty of content (and the good Talyn is seriously revamping that too).

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not even the $$ tag for the ruleset - the volume of sales will likely never be nearly enough to warrant any significant upgrades. This really is a good functional ruleset with plenty of content (and the good Talyn is seriously revamping that too).
    Yeah, after all Savage World is in the 10$ zone too, but it has a lot of bells and whistles. It is a shame C&C do not get the attention it deserves out there, it really does an awesome work of fusing old school with modern rules design, and I'm really glad to have bought it, probably I'm going to use it in place of D&D 5 for my next campaign.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Thread Information