DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Plot point 5 played out fine with no additional maps created. The single, solitary guard was a bit of push-over, but the tight timeline still made it tense and interesting.

I did elect to have the prisoner that was a lycanthrope go furry onboard the boat - below decks while they were tending to Hellman. I rigged the timeline so they were 30 minutes from daylight. They were smart enough to run and locked the werewolf in the cargo hold for the short amount of time it took before he changed. No one had a silver weapon or bullets so I arranged an opportunity for them to win in a non-combat fashion and they figured it out.

So, I did use a map that I had for a small cargo ship.
    Hah! I did the same thing with the werewolf, except it was on a large rowboat.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hah! I did the same thing with the werewolf, except it was on a large rowboat.
    It was kinda funny... The players were marveling at how smoothly - how easily - the raid on the prison had gone and then all hell breaks loose One of the NPC prisoners got all torn-up and now they are sweating the next full moon cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Plot point 5 played out fine with no additional maps created. The single, solitary guard was a bit of push-over, but the tight timeline still made it tense and interesting.

I did elect to have the prisoner that was a lycanthrope go furry onboard the boat - below decks while they were tending to Hellman. I rigged the timeline so they were 30 minutes from daylight. They were smart enough to run and locked the werewolf in the cargo hold for the short amount of time it took before he changed. No one had a silver weapon or bullets so I arranged an opportunity for them to win in a non-combat fashion and they figured it out.

So, I did use a map that I had for a small cargo ship.
    That was a fun encounter. I also had the werewolf change on the boat (a maze runner). They had no silver weapons at the time, but the Matrial artist used a kick that seriously exploded, and used an Edge that let him move the target a few inches. So it was a side kick into the werewolf's gut knocking him over the side and into the water (and the waiting Blood shark's mouths).

From then on, they all carried silver ammo or weapons, and kept a real close watch on what phase the moon was in.

Blog Entries
    It's funny how players all start doing that afterward. My players were the same except several of my players actually jumped into the water when the prisoner wolfed-out. I gave them some parting shots in the air before they splashed in.

Deadlands is full of so many memorable moments. Another one that caused my players to scatter like ****roaches was when they were exploring the 2nd story of a burned out building on the outskirts of the ruins of Gomorra. They heard a raspy voice on the first floor say, "Breakin' an Enterin'.... the penalty is hangin'". They started jumping out of windows as fast as they could. One guy was Harrowed with the ghost ability, so he just phased right through the wall at full speed.

I bought The Flood. For such a large book the campaign has way too much "Come up with a reason for your players to travel hundreds of miles to the city. Make it take several weeks and play about 4 adventures of your own along the way. When you get there turn to mission 3." Kind of irritating.... if I could come up with my own stuff that easily I wouldn't have bought The Flood in the first place. And being a Savage Worlds adventure, of course the maps absolutely suck.

goodmanje...

This Flood Adventure guide will be useful to you. It organizes and categorizes the various Savage Tales so they are a bit more accessible.

The Flood has quite a few Savage Tales that you can toss into the mix in order to have material. Otherwise, grab the one-shot's from PEG's site - there are quite a few good little diversions there. You can also use Prairie Trails - I've posted some maps for a few of those Savage Tales.

I don't disagree with the bulk of what you've said, but I will say that beneath a few warts, the tale told by THE FLOOD is a good one. I have personalized it at a few points (for instance, I added a ship's captain that the posse likes and uses since they did not have a nautical team), but that is normal reactive game mastering.

Thanks Top! I agree the story in the Flood is really cool, I just wish it was more "complete". It would make it easier for the less creative out there to get through.

Grim prairie tales is something you might what to check into Goodmanje.
    You could probably use some of those encounters to fill in.

Thanks Hendell, i'll check that out...

Wow i should really be paying more ATTENTION GAWWWW!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT MAPS MAN!!! WOW...

So the single guard, was not a push over in my campaign... i had him walk into the gaurd room and lock the door... then open a slot and stick his shotgun out and blast my players... they couldnt do anything... finally one of them snuck up to the opening and stuck his flamethrower inside and just roasted him... it was FANTASTIC... I havent played past this PPC, my son went to Croatia a month ago and now school is starting.. i should be back ingame in the next two weeks!

Thread Information