DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Welcome to the party, Wansum I am still a long way from running THE FLOOD, but will post up the town of Placerville (from historic maps) over the next week or so.

I've only just begun to run "The Flood" so expect alot more maps and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WansumBeats View Post
    Here's a map I used for the first plot point campaign in the Flood, The Hellbore. After the trainwreck the indians attack. I added the sepia to give it that old timey feel
    Attachment 18373
    Quote Originally Posted by WansumBeats View Post
    And here is another map i made for Hellstromes Wild ride, the second Plot Point Campaign.... cruising through the desert on the steam wagon and red petals su attacks, the Maze Rats, Martials Artists and Chinese Ogre board the train as it races through the california desert.
    Attachment 18374
    Drat you WasnsumBeats, posting really cool maps I needed TWO weeks ago!

Now post the rest of your maps before I get to plot point 4!

Very nice maps by the way.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

A Coffin Rock regional map with quite a few liberties taken. It is really a fairly small area covered - if you want more riding time, just double it to a 2 mile scale. I went with the smaller scale because mines were often inside the city limits - the town forms around the boom. Since it wasn't done like this, I decided that the mines had to be close, with the town forming at a natural choke-point in order to service all of the nearby mines.

Zombie encounter points are marked. I also added the other abandoned mines that were mentioned - just having the one important mine on the map was sort of troublesome. Adding the mines in turn created the trail network. If you want to add some surprises to a few of the mines, well, who could blame you, Marshal?

The patrolling night-time Blood Men are not on the map. One should be close to the Cooked Earth Mine, the other perhaps closer to the town.

Coffin Rock's church as a tactical battle map. This could serve as a small church anywhere in Deadlands, though, so it's a keeper

In Coffin Rock, the church has a couple of the cultists in the building... Which is pretty weird given how few creature comforts these kind of buildings actually afford. Anyhow, I added a stove (more for heat than cooking) and a back room so they could lay-down or otherwise be able to explain how they can stay here.

Blog Entries
    In case you guys weren't already aware. The Boomtown sourcebook for Deadlands Classic has some very cool looking map tiles.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    In case you guys weren't already aware. The Boomtown sourcebook for Deadlands Classic has some very cool looking map tiles.
    Thanks for the info, Mask, I will give it a look! I run weekly games and sometimes get ahead of my work efforts - or maybe I just want to take a week off

As long as we're on the topic of payola maps generica.... There is Deadlands Reloaded: Combat Map Set 1 and Combat Map Set 2. They are high-resolution and generic enough to drop in most anywhere.

I don't fully recommend them, though, and here is why.

Both sets arrive as sort of a construction set mess. The porches are detached and if you want a permanent grid, you have to paste/place it with photoshop/gimp/etc (there a separate files for the grid and the map, with the grid being a PNG overlay). The porches don't cover the map fully, so you have to place the included 'dirt' map under them. As a result of the one guy paid to do the job not doing it right, it took me several hours of additional work building/scaling the images before they were ready for VTT fun.

In terms of mapping glitches, I think that only one of the 10-12 buildings has windows. Yeah, the church has none. Bunkhouse, well, it is made for sleeping. The sheriff doesn't need to look outside. And on and on. But that is ok, because none of the buildings have any outdoor anything. The maps end at the wall edges.

In one final tip of the slacker cap, they also forgot to package one of the porches (but included the grid for it).

I ultimately regretted the purchase since I wanted and payed good money for a zero-work solution. I also suspect that a lot of what I did to assemble the pieces could be very frustrating to the average GM - there was layer ordering, resizing with positional pinning, and quite a few 'experienced' tricks in play and it still took quite a while to accomplish.

The amount of work you end up doing after spending $20 is unacceptable and what you end up with are not grade-A maps. Just try to peek in or out a window...

I am not sure if I need/want another map for Coffin Rock besides this one...

I might do one or two random encounter open terrain maps, but this should pretty much wrap up the encounter-specific locations for Coffin Rock.

EDIT: Some explanations... The three things with dark/black circles are merged stalactites - stalagmites which I think are called columns or pillars. I also tossed in plenty of larger rocks in order to let the posse use cover if they need or want it.

Last edited by Topdecker; April 4th, 2017 at 02:57.

Attachment 18424

This one may be useful to you for a random encounter.

Thread Information