DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    My map-envy cannot be quantified using numbers known to man
    Speaking of which, here are some maps for the ONE SHEET entitled "Envy."

The fight starts at the burning homestead, where the party is ambushed by The Walkin' Dead.

Unless something good happens for the party, the fight will end here, in the small cave in the curve of the bluff. I added a night-time blue for this one

The amount of time I spent trying to get the cliff, cave and water to turn out right was way, way too much. But sometimes you gotta invest some time to learn The night-time map was CC3+, the homestead was via Fractal Mapper.

I started work on Coffin Rock, but preliminary stuff first - no mapping. I read the adventure twice and was still almost clueless about event triggers and what jacked-up the fear levels.

So I put it aside and went looking around for a pre-built western town that might possibly stand in for the provided map. I found "Silverton Western Town" elsewhere on the internets and ponied up when it looked like it could work.

That includes ALL of the location pins! The two on the ground... There isn't a burnt building on the map, so the dead mayor's former home will be off the map a touch. There also isn't a cemetery, so the pin on the lower left is serving as boot hill's pointer (the church is the big building next to the it, with 2 pins).

The map is at a high enough resolution that it can serve as a battle map! I'd considered remapping the town, but this is going to work really well. It is a little hefty - I chopped it down to 1.2mb - but this is going to my version of Coffin Rock. Heck, it even has a big rock!

I'll continue with the Coffin Rock timeline stuff in the next post...

So Coffin Rock is one of the earlier adventures put together and just appears as in the Story hub under the 'Coffin Rock' filter. It is kind of nice because you can actually go in and add to the Story, edit existed entries, and place your images in with those of the module. Very comfortable to work with.

WARNING: SPOILERS FOLLOW

Anyhow, I went in and added the following (Timeline and Events) entry directly into the story...

Here is the text for copy/paste fun...

Mirrors: reflective surfaces in town show troubling visions
    Church bells toll immediately when someone dies

Fear Level starts at level 3 and increases due to….

• Rumors of Mayor Daly’s walking corpse are not investigated (triggers upon reaching Fear Level 4)
    • Archer Gang is allowed free-run of the town (Archer Gang triggers on Fear Level 4 or should the Marshal and his deputies perish)
    • Child Wrath kills 3 townfolk or miners
    • If the Mice Swarms run rampant for 2 or 3 days, the fear level goes up
    • A zombie invasion (Walkin’ Dead Miners) happens – only a matter of time (clearing some clusters of the Walkin’ Dead around the town should slow this eventuality)

Events when reaching Fear Level 4

• Miner takes hostages after seeing his face on a Wanter poster in the Marshal’s office, holing up with his hostages in an abandoned building. White fate chip if the posse can intervene without getting any of the hostages killed.
    • Dry Goods store now emits an odor noticeable outdoors
    • Former Mayor Daly’s corpse starts to visit the ruins of his burnt-out home, a trail of ash leading back to the cemetery. Rumors start

Events when reaching Fear Level 5
    • Assay office under siege by greedy miners, some of whom are missing partners
    • Jonah Thurgood barricades himself in the smithy.

Anyhow, hope this helps someone running Coffin Rock.

Last edited by Topdecker; March 20th, 2017 at 03:32.

Well played Sir, well played (& drawn! ;p )

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Speaking of which, here are some maps for the ONE SHEET entitled "Envy."

The fight starts at the burning homestead, where the party is ambushed by The Walkin' Dead.

Unless something good happens for the party, the fight will end here, in the small cave in the curve of the bluff. I added a night-time blue for this one

The amount of time I spent trying to get the cliff, cave and water to turn out right was way, way too much. But sometimes you gotta invest some time to learn The night-time map was CC3+, the homestead was via Fractal Mapper.

A quick map for Coffin Rock's section entitled 'A Blood Pearl.' My plan was to put the Blood Man and Ms. Daly up at the north end of the map with posse entering from the south. Pearl would be under a ledge doing her best not to get killed by the Blood Man.

Hopefully the posse is clever enough use the range to their advantage.

Love these, I really hope to get to play Deadlands in the future (and Walking Dead-esque War of the Dead)

Thanks, guys, I appreciate it! Varsuuk, Deadlands is a lot of fun - we are having a better time with it than I believe that the players were expecting. My guys have been doing swords & sorcery style fantasy and I suspect that this is the first time for them outside that genre. There are some advantages to knowing the bulk of the world and the bulk of the world history. Being somewhere that is familiar yet wildly different is really cool.

Ok, here is another map. It is intended for Coffin Rock's section entitled 'Out of Control' and represents the Archer Gang's cave hide-out. You will want to use a mask on the map.

I kind of envision that the gang, during daylight hours, has a man on watch with a Sharps .50 caliber in the rocks above the cave opening. The rest will be inside the cool cave, with light from a 'chimney' to play cards by. The chimney could be the way to the plateau for the rifleman - or a rope from near the cave opening could be the way up.

If the rifleman spots the posse, he will open fire. The gang inside will mount up and gallop out of the cave, hell-bound for leather.

EDIT: The chimney might have smoke from the cooking fire wafting upwards - it might be a good notice check and give the posse some idea to start being more stealthy - or to look for an alternative way in.

Last edited by Topdecker; March 25th, 2017 at 19:46.

Here's a map I used for the first plot point campaign in the Flood, The Hellbore. After the trainwreck the indians attack. I added the sepia to give it that old timey feel
    Attachment 18373

And here is another map i made for Hellstromes Wild ride, the second Plot Point Campaign.... cruising through the desert on the steam wagon and red petals su attacks, the Maze Rats, Martials Artists and Chinese Ogre board the train as it races through the california desert.
    Attachment 18374

Thread Information